• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

When Riad invites you to a conference call

Riad was a quirky, sometimes clever guy, but one thing was for sure.
He thought that the whole thing was a big game.
So his words are hollow and meaningless---and you're history.

How this goofball continued to get promoted demonstrates why it's now necessary to lay off so many and why the pipeline is empty.

Maturity and foresight are no long requirements for upper management jobs.

On to the next inning....

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it meant Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. When Riyadh invites you for a conference call, you typically get beheaded. So it's pretty much the same thing.

It's going exactly as Timney planned. LOVEs the reputation Riads getting as "The Butcher" creating fear and intimidation.

My only problem with this is that it may be creating fear.......but it is not creating motivating employees.

Ultimately, there is nothing you can do to change their minds if your number or group as been called for cuts.

My only problem with this is that it may be creating fear.......but it is not creating motivating employees.

Ultimately, there is nothing you can do to change their minds if your number or group as been called for cuts.

Motivated employees at Merck ? Yeah RIGHT.

Fear and intimidation is the only strategy that works here anymore.

I am a hsc and was on the call. It was terrible and insulting. He was so heartless in his approach. He basically said unless you have credentials you are not good enough for merck. Pretty ironic coming from a guy without credentials himself that used to work for Heinz ketchup!

I am a hsc and was on the call. It was terrible and insulting. He was so heartless in his approach. He basically said unless you have credentials you are not good enough for merck. Pretty ironic coming from a guy without credentials himself that used to work for Heinz ketchup!

The fact is you never would have had a MSL like job at any other company if Merck hadn't given it to you.

Oh, FYI I like ketchup.

I was on as well. In my opinion the decision to let us all go was all about reducing risk. The risk of on label/off label discussions. Lawyers made the decision.

He's getting himself worked up for Womens Health!
Riad's Jihad!

I just saw Ri Odd in the interstate in a Bentley. Timney was in the passenger seat and both were smoking cuban cigars. His personalized license plate read "butcher". He is a true nerd picked on in school. Now is his turn to play bully. He is a true turd sandwhich. EVERYONE TAKE NOTICE. Ri Odd will be on many mandatory employee calls in the next few weeks. You will only have 24 hours notice. Riad, here is my credential:FU. You expect hsc's to introduce the new medical directors to our accounts? You think an MD or Phd can figure it out. I am going to take them around to my most hostile and shitiest accounts. I've already changed all the addresses and numbers on my computer. The new hires will be driving in circles leading to the ghetto. Many hscs have already told the big players about your brilliant decision. Remember, we have known these customers for years and have attended family weddings. They assure us they won't see the new medical directors or engage whatsoever. Some have said they will F with them and push them so far off label that the fda will go ballistic. Be well.

The fact is you never would have had a MSL like job at any other company if Merck hadn't given it to you.

Oh, FYI I like ketchup.

Maybe true, but I can tell you I ranked higher last year than all of the "credentialed" colleagues on my team.

BTW Glad to hear you like ketchup, it's my 2 and 4 year olds' favorite food. You must have a lot in common, moron!