• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

When do you think the lay-offs will REALLY start?

<

While the WARN act does require that employers with more than 100 employees give workers 60 days notice of mass layoffs, they will just pay you for those 60 days.

It doesn't mean you will get 60 days notice or anything like that. Just work until they cut you and get your severance etc. Worrying won't make them overlook you.

Dose BMS always use an outside source for layoff, and do RBD's or DBS have any say who goes and who stays?

I can't think of any company who DOESN'T use a consulting company to handle the layoffs.

Remember companies are wanting to avoid unfair discharge lawsuits and thus no one has any input except in a negative manner.

The consulting companies also help the company develop criteria that is age, gender and color blind. They review the companies HR metrics and that's when you hear the DMs being given direct instruction on how to write reviews and the metrics that must be met in terms of how many folks should be on PIPs etc. Then when you have your review your DM fails you on proper napkin use at a POA dinner.

All of this is a set up for getting folks on the line for a layoff. They try to implement layoffs with the least amount of disruption to the sales results.

But people let me tell you, if you are going to stay in this industry, PREPARE for layoffs. They are imminent with any pharma company. Stop panicking and prepare!!

50% where do you people pull this shit out of!! The fact is you have no idea what they are going to do, but to mess with people with percentages to stupid. Get a life jackass!!

50% where do you people pull this shit out of!! The fact is you have no idea what they are going to do, but to mess with people with percentages to stupid. Get a life jackass!!

I agree, we can't sell it with two salesforces.now, maybe they will 2x the salesforce, so there is one MD per rep. That would give reps no excuse for their inability to sell.