• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

What's the next blockbuster, serious replies only

Sadly, the closest thing to a blockbuster is dulaglutide (Trulicity). The data looked good, once a week dosing, even Novo admits that it is a good product. The GLP-1 field is unfortunately crowded and it will be tough to break into. The BI SGLT-2 drug may be good also . The rest of the pipeline is a complete joke, I am sorry to say. Lilly seems to pursue concepts others have long given up on, including the disastrous Alzheimer's drugs and the CETP inhibitor. The other companies seem to realize this: AZN managed to unload their worthless beta-secretase inhibitor on us...I am sure they are laughing themselves silly back in Sweden over that one. How is that for a serious reply?

Sadly, the closest thing to a blockbuster is dulaglutide (Trulicity). The data looked good, once a week dosing, even Novo admits that it is a good product. The GLP-1 field is unfortunately crowded and it will be tough to break into. The BI SGLT-2 drug may be good also . The rest of the pipeline is a complete joke, I am sorry to say. Lilly seems to pursue concepts others have long given up on, including the disastrous Alzheimer's drugs and the CETP inhibitor. The other companies seem to realize this: AZN managed to unload their worthless beta-secretase inhibitor on us...I am sure they are laughing themselves silly back in Sweden over that one. How is that for a serious reply?

From Sweden, ja? Send an SOS we will send you some great pop songs to soothe your heart and souls, ja? Beyond that, well, you can look, but you can't touch... don't forget Julien Assange...