• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

What's the new date we are going back? Anyone know?

anonymous

I can't go back mid may. My State is in lockdown for another month. Does anyone know if they will phase in some states before others or if there is a new date for us all to go back. And, will they send us PPE? I would happily buy PPE, if I could find PPE. There are no wipes anywhere, there are no gloves anywhere, and the masks I can find are on backorder. So I don't need anyone telling me to use my high salary to buy my own PPE. I would but can't locate.

So if anyone has any real info please post. thanks

<

I can't go back mid may. My State is in lockdown for another month. Does anyone know if they will phase in some states before others or if there is a new date for us all to go back. And, will they send us PPE? I would happily buy PPE, if I could find PPE. There are no wipes anywhere, there are no gloves anywhere, and the masks I can find are on backorder. So I don't need anyone telling me to use my high salary to buy my own PPE. I would but can't locate.

Have you thought about asking your manager? Just a thought.

We won't be going back before July 5. Amgen has hinted that we will roll back in based on a state by state basis.

Looks like the South, SE, Midwest will go back before West, Rust belt and NE.

Nobody knows when.
One thing I do know, if it's not possible then it won't happen -- not just for you, but the majority also. You can count on true reality dictating what happens going forward, in spite of any non-realistic expectations. So don't worry

Nobody knows when.
One thing I do know, if it's not possible then it won't happen -- not just for you, but the majority also. You can count on true reality dictating what happens going forward, in spite of any non-realistic expectations. So don't worry

thanks. my manager said he knows nothing yet other than the mid may date. I just don't know what to do about all of these lunches if they won't do virtual lunches, etc. I guess wait and see.

We will be returning to field after July 4 The doctors and hospitals have to get their liability insurance in place for any lawsuits around the coved 19 affecting us, their patients, or them.

It will be determined State by State. Amgen is having everyone in the field take vacation early so they can go back as soon as doctors are ready to have visits. If you are in the home office, who knows.

I agree that there is a big reason that they are wanting us to take PTO before the end of June. It is to limit their risk exposure.

1) Take your time off now so that you will be in the field when everything reopens
and/or
2) Limit Amgen's financial exposure if they downsize

Bottom-line, worrying about only brings added stress.

Word to the wise:don't go hog wild on your vacation and spend all of you liquid cash. Just saying.

I agree that there is a big reason that they are wanting us to take PTO before the end of June. It is to limit their risk exposure.

1) Take your time off now so that you will be in the field when everything reopens
and/or
2) Limit Amgen's financial exposure if they downsize

Bottom-line, worrying about only brings added stress.

Word to the wise:don't go hog wild on your vacation and spend all of you liquid cash. Just saying.

Fair points. I’m going with #2. They know people have summer obligations and will take vacations(if travel opens up broadly), so people will be out of the field regardless, this way they can take a financial obligation off the table now by force and then again by natural use in the summer. It’s a great idea...if you’re in finance...bad for the employee. This is not isolated to Amgen but definitely not widespread in the industry.

Fair points. I’m going with #2. They know people have summer obligations and will take vacations(if travel opens up broadly), so people will be out of the field regardless, this way they can take a financial obligation off the table now by force and then again by natural use in the summer. It’s a great idea...if you’re in finance...bad for the employee. This is not isolated to Amgen but definitely not widespread in the industry.

It will be determined State by State. Amgen is having everyone in the field take vacation early so they can go back as soon as doctors are ready to have visits. If you are in the home office, who knows.

When is the earliest? That's the question I'd like to know...earliest for states not so affected by the virus like Utah? Will they be going back mid May?

I don't understand why they want us to take all of our vacation before the June 26 date when some states won't be going back until after the July 4 holiday. It makes no sense.

Again, will small states less affected be back May 18?