What's it like calling on IR?

Anonymous

Considering a position where IR is the call point, i currently call on the OR. Any insight from people calling on IR is much appreciated. Or folks that have gone from OR to IR or vice versa. Thanks.

<

Considering a position where IR is the call point, i currently call on the OR. Any insight from people calling on IR is much appreciated. Or folks that have gone from OR to IR or vice versa. Thanks.

This info may be waaay outdated but I called on IR back in 2006-2008. Call on OR and Cath Lab now. At the time I loved it. Very, very nice people, niche space, laid back docs who were easy to talk to. Not very many companies in that space. Very relationship oriented. If you're selling something without tons of competition it may be a really good gig. If there are many folks in that space and you have no relationships, it could be a tough go of it. Use that as info how you want during negotiations....

This info may be waaay outdated but I called on IR back in 2006-2008. Call on OR and Cath Lab now. At the time I loved it. Very, very nice people, niche space, laid back docs who were easy to talk to. Not very many companies in that space. Very relationship oriented. If you're selling something without tons of competition it may be a really good gig. If there are many folks in that space and you have no relationships, it could be a tough go of it. Use that as info how you want during negotiations....

Agree completely. If it is a me too prodcut of Cook, BSX, or other well positioned company i would not likely be interested.

MDs are typically interested in NEW tech as that is how they advance their practice...