What is fair pay for a lab sales rep?

anonymous

Hi all,

I have a business that is in need of hiring a lab sales rep, my business isn't a typical reference lab set up, but rather a physician-owned lab service, we go to a clinicians' site and set up a lab for specific tests to be done in-house and manage it in perpetuity.

what are fair: base pay? commission percentages? do you prefer 1099 or w2? any suggestions on what to ask or look for and what to avoid?

Thanks all and pardon any ignorance in my question, getting into the space and looking for advice.

<

Hi all,

I have a business that is in need of hiring a lab sales rep, my business isn't a typical reference lab set up, but rather a physician-owned lab service, we go to a clinicians' site and set up a lab for specific tests to be done in-house and manage it in perpetuity.

what are fair: base pay? commission percentages? do you prefer 1099 or w2? any suggestions on what to ask or look for and what to avoid?

Thanks all and pardon any ignorance in my question, getting into the space and looking for advice.

Hey W2 avg base is 80+ with some experience and like 10-20k a month depending how much they move if you’re a specialty lab

Hi all,

A little confusing, but I assume you are looking for a rep to sell your company POL consulting services, which is an entirely different business model than selling lab services.

Hey W2 avg base is 80+ with some experience and like 10-20k a month depending how much they move if you’re a specialty lab

Awesome, good to know, it's generally what we were thinking. Thanks

Since your are selling a cash based service and are not billing insurance you can pay the rep 1099 on a percentage of reagent orders for example.

Thanks for that input!

Thank you all for your insight, and for informing me, much appreciate it