What happened in the bay area?

Anonymous

I'm interviewing for a position in the bay area and to be perfectly frank I am more than a little concerned upon hearing about all of the turnover. Does anyone know what happened exactly. This is how it was explained to me but obviously much more diplomatically:

--The area has underperformed for a while due to lack of effective management.

--one of the managers decided to go back to the role of being a CSR.

--The reps for the area weren't a good "fit" for Intuitive Surgical.

--The previous reps didn't weren't as "coachable".

Is this an accurate assesment for those with knowledge of the situation? It seems odd that an entire geographic area (save 1 rep) would be let go based on performance. What was unique to this area?

<

I'm interviewing for a position in the bay area and to be perfectly frank I am more than a little concerned upon hearing about all of the turnover. Does anyone know what happened exactly. This is how it was explained to me but obviously much more diplomatically:

--The area has underperformed for a while due to lack of effective management.

--one of the managers decided to go back to the role of being a CSR.

--The reps for the area weren't a good "fit" for Intuitive Surgical.

--The previous reps didn't weren't as "coachable".

Is this an accurate assesment for those with knowledge of the situation? It seems odd that an entire geographic area (save 1 rep) would be let go based on performance. What was unique to this area?

The manager didn't choose to go back to CSR, they were forced. The person above is right, average rep doesn;t last 2 years. Either quit from the ridiculous pressure, or fired for not performing.

Why average tenure less than 2 years, that sounds like an unsuccessful business model?
Replacing people is a huge cost to the bottom line and that amount of change is unappealing to the customer.

Why average tenure less than 2 years, that sounds like an unsuccessful business model?
Replacing people is a huge cost to the bottom line and that amount of change is unappealing to the customer.

Turnover does not matter when you are the only show in town. With no competition the hospitals have to deal with all the reps that get turned and burned.