• Tue news: Merck's Keytruda stages comeback in head and neck cancer. GSK, Pfizer RSV vaccine sales fall. Astellas gene therapy bet. Extreme weather —>drug shortages. J&J discontinues bladder cancer drug. See more on our front page

What do you do for a living?

Anonymous

When someone asks you what you do for a living what do you tell them? Honest replies please and include your approximate age. I believe the responses will be different given one's age and experience.

I tell them I am a pharmaceutical sales representative and then respond based upon their response. I am a professional and am proud of it, afterall it is an honest living. Screw those of you with a negative response to my thoughts.

I tell them I am husband, a father, a son, a brother, and a friend. Everything else is irrelevant. I earn a living through Pfizer because of the job I perform... which is insignificant. Anybody that believes else wise is deluded and short sighted. Our life span with Pfizer is very limited.

I tell people that I'm the guy who has to turn the growth chart right side up at meetings while the chimps are still jumping around.

I tell them I am a medical rep, so I don't have to say "pharmaceutical".

I tell them I am collecting a check while I am looking for my new job.

#9. If I could send you ace points for that crack I would. That's some funny shiz. And that's why I come to this site - to bust a gut (sometimes), so thanks.

People who ask what I do - I tell them I'm a drug rep - mostly to positive responses. But I could care less what people think of my job. I like my job. Sure it has drawbacks, but I have lots of friends who wish they had it. All the ingrates on this site are pathetic. If you hate your job so much - quit already. The grass isn't always greener, but hey, maybe you should just go make sure.

#9. If I could send you ace points for that crack I would. That's some funny shiz. And that's why I come to this site - to bust a gut (sometimes), so thanks.

People who ask what I do - I tell them I'm a drug rep - mostly to positive responses. But I could care less what people think of my job. I like my job. Sure it has drawbacks, but I have lots of friends who wish they had it. All the ingrates on this site are pathetic. If you hate your job so much - quit already. The grass isn't always greener, but hey, maybe you should just go make sure.

drop off bagels and coffees grab a few sigs and take naps in parking lots of supermarkets

I tell them I got my masters degree to deliver chocolate strawberrys to offices.
I tell them sad family stories and cry so that they feel sorry for me.
I deliver lunch to feed 20 people just to get a signature.
I hang on for another day.

I like post 13. Everyone knows it's a job. That's what seperates us from someone who actually cares about what they do for a living. Look at people who work for Apple. They take pride in what they do. They might work 20 hours a day without complaining because they know they are part of something that is worth their time and energy. People on this board complain because they know this job is meaningless. Literally,anyone with an IQ of over 50 could do this job. The most difficult part is the interview process. After that, once you get in, you look around and wonder how in the world did these people get pass the interview process. Most companies aren't like Apple,which is where leadership comes in. Leadership and vision is lacking in most companies today.

I tell them I got my masters degree to deliver chocolate strawberrys to offices.
I tell them sad family stories and cry so that they feel sorry for me.
I deliver lunch to feed 20 people just to get a signature.
I hang on for another day.

Wow you sound like me!! This job used to be fun--what happened??? Your sentiments are mine but the reality is we make a choice everyday to stay in this job. We can pack up and check out anytime. The reality is that WE probably wont because of FEAR!!! Right now Pfizer is not benefiting from my efforts and I am not benefitting from theirs. I know D Day is coming--- the question is "Will the decision be Pfizer's or ours?" I wish you the best my friend!!