• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

What are you guys making in base?

Anonymous

I just got an offer in the low 60s to sell Copaxone. Are they serious? Is this normal or are they just trying to snag some low-paid reps because Copaxone is going generic? I make over 90k base at another company and was shocked by that offer. What are you guys making? How many years in the field?

<

Are you talking base or base + bonus? I was just offered 62 base and was told I'd clear well over 100 with commission. 62 just seems really low so I'm not sure if I should counter or just walk

considering you will probably be in line for a severance in a few months after the generic comes out I would suggest staying where you are at. Of course coming in at that salary you would probably keep your job and one of us who have been around forever would be let go because of our salaries.

What are you making now?

I'm making a little over 90k base, but my cap is much lower so it's very close with Teva, even with their offer in the 60s if you really can clear 40-60k in commission. I just thought an injectable/neuro position would pay more than 60s base. Maybe that's a standard offer, I donno.

There is no such thing as a minimum. You are offered a little more than what you make now. Copaxone is a mature drug which basically sells on its own. There is no need to pay high salaries.