What’s the major issues with the current lab operations in NY/NJ?

anonymous

Newbie here, I recently graduated with a toxicology degree and I’m looking for opportunities in the lab industry preferably in NJ or NY. However, there’s a lot of talk around about the issues in the lab industry, can anyone explain what’s going on?

I have been told that applying to LabCorp or Lab Quest at this time would be a “safer option”.

<

Newbie here, I recently graduated with a toxicology degree and I’m looking for opportunities in the lab industry preferably in NJ or NY. However, there’s a lot of talk around about the issues in the lab industry, can anyone explain what’s going on?

I have been told that applying to LabCorp or Lab Quest at this time would be a “safer option”.

What have your heard?

What have your heard?

I haven’t been able to go into this much, but my peers who have been in the fields a little longer have told me that the smaller labs are suffering and are unsustainable. Some worked at places like Mako, True Tox, and Ammon (to name a few) and advised to not apply to these places if there’s any openings. I was told the larger labs, like Lab Quest could be a good start. Issue is I need some experience, but would be willing to start off somewhere though.

I haven’t been able to go into this much, but my peers who have been in the fields a little longer have told me that the smaller labs are suffering and are unsustainable. Some worked at places like Mako, True Tox, and Ammon (to name a few) and advised to not apply to these places if there’s any openings. I was told the larger labs, like Lab Quest could be a good start. Issue is I need some experience, but would be willing to start off somewhere though.

You've heard it all kid.

I heard the same while playing chess in MacArthur Park.

From a quick google search I did see that Mako and Ammon are hiring but I don’t know if that’s up to date. Be wary, if you’re looking for experience don’t put all your eggs in one basket with these labs, just get the experience and keep it moving.

These labs are said to be undergoing horrible troubles.

From a quick google search I did see that Mako and Ammon are hiring but I don’t know if that’s up to date. Be wary, if you’re looking for experience don’t put all your eggs in one basket with these labs, just get the experience and keep it moving.

These labs are said to be undergoing horrible troubles.

Ammon severely downsized these might be older posts, unsure how they would manage with new employees. Mako has its fair set of worries, but haven’t heard about a wild downsizing.

it’s all unsustainable for the long run…

Ammon severely downsized these might be older posts, unsure how they would manage with new employees. Mako has its fair set of worries, but haven’t heard about a wild downsizing.

it’s all unsustainable for the long run…

Staying away from these labs is advisable, Ammon and Mako are suffering labs like the rest. There’s a lot more about the financial aspect on Ammon here, but check around you’ll see the sustainability of these labs to be questionable.

TT is a dead deal, check their forum. Ammon and Mako will follow those foot steps in time. Whoever advised you is correct, staying away is best.