• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

Welcome to Merck where your success eventually leads to your career's demise...

Anonymous

You don't see it when you're young...(Merck plans it that way.)

Just make sure you don't question anything here, because that would be an
indicator that you actually have a critical mind, and can think for yourself...
Merck management knows (like a communist govt) to chop off all dissent at
the knees...quickly...

Pharmaceutical sales has de-volved into a silly charade where management wins
big, for doing a whole lot of nothing...Not even the board of directors serves as
a check & balance...they are in cahoots with Frazier, etc...

Like an overweight, beer-swilling NFL fan, passing smelly wind on Sunday afternoon,
Merck tears off the heads of their reps, and shits down their necks...

FU Merck!!

<

It is interesting how many former superstars were turned into horrible reps virtually overnight, isn't it?

Quite a few come to mind...and those are just the local cases that I can think of. I couldn't imagine how many of them have been targeted for removal across the country.

What a company: Work hard, keep your numbers good, keep your head down and say one wrong thing and suddenly you have a BIG target on your back with a DCO having your manager target practice on you weekly. What a joke (Courage and Candor). The whole "promotion" system, the pay, the bonus, the BS emails from the executive team about how rosey it is at corporate - all a joke, an image and not reality. Reality is this is a very special club that only upper management (high paid useless management) decides who gets to stay and who they would like to leave = and leave now before they have to pay you a severance or better yet, they will find one thing to fire you over. Great way to motivate employees and make us feel valued. Oh, the change agent B.S. is really shit. Merck could give a rat's ass about whether their employees are happy. I was asked that question this time around. Ah? No, I am not happy because I have this fricking X on my back (among other disgusting pracitices of this company). I think they are in such CYA mode, no one at the top is going to turn this ship around ever. It is about to run ashore in I'd say about 4 more years. Then it's game over for everyone. Course, the whole U.S. will be owned by China then.

It is interesting how many former superstars were turned into horrible reps virtually overnight, isn't it?

Quite a few come to mind...and those are just the local cases that I can think of. I couldn't imagine how many of them have been targeted for removal across the country.

Merck thinks of older reps as a Cancer...they target them with early detection and swift removal techniques...

Merck is a criminal company really...I have no other way of putting it...

They break employment laws left and right by using loopholes and PIPs and other
Nazi tactics...

They are so rich and powerful though, they always win...you can't fight them....

Merck thinks of older reps as a Cancer...they target them with early detection and swift removal techniques...

Merck is a criminal company really...I have no other way of putting it...

They break employment laws left and right by using loopholes and PIPs and other
Nazi tactics...

They are so rich and powerful though, they always win...you can't fight them....

Oh yes you can! Just walk, leave! If enough good people leave the company, mediocrity will slowly build up leading to collapse. It has been going on for the last 10 years and I can see and smell the mounting cesspool of stinking mediocrity. Ask yourself, is the Merck today the same as Merck of 20, 30 years ago???? No way! It's now a decaying piece of shit.

What a company: Work hard, keep your numbers good, keep your head down and say one wrong thing and suddenly you have a BIG target on your back with a DCO having your manager target practice on you weekly. What a joke (Courage and Candor). The whole "promotion" system, the pay, the bonus, the BS emails from the executive team about how rosey it is at corporate - all a joke, an image and not reality. Reality is this is a very special club that only upper management (high paid useless management) decides who gets to stay and who they would like to leave = and leave now before they have to pay you a severance or better yet, they will find one thing to fire you over. Great way to motivate employees and make us feel valued. Oh, the change agent B.S. is really shit. Merck could give a rat's ass about whether their employees are happy. I was asked that question this time around. Ah? No, I am not happy because I have this fricking X on my back (among other disgusting pracitices of this company). I think they are in such CYA mode, no one at the top is going to turn this ship around ever. It is about to run ashore in I'd say about 4 more years. Then it's game over for everyone. Course, the whole U.S. will be owned by China then.

"Courage & Candor" Wow! Haven't heard that one in a while! Anyone with courage & candor left long ago! Fear & fake smiles---that's what Merck has proven it wants.