• Mon news: Novartis Kisqali breast cancer trial. ESMO news: Bayer, Bristol Myers, Regeneron and more. Biosecure Act fallout. Boston Scientific/Silk Road merger. See more on our front page

Virology?

Virology is dead, hep c drugs are gone, I Isentress is an old Hiv drug and now they have approval on a niche combo that is already late to the game. Everybody in virology is miserable and are only here waiting to get let go so they can collect severance or to just retire. Don’t let anyone tell you that it’s a good place to work. Ask a current rep before you even think about this job. And yes, I used to work in this division . I would love to see someone paint a pretty picture of this place, can’t be done, and if they try, they are just brainwashed like all Merck lifers are. You will be a much happier person somewhere else.

Virology is dead, hep c drugs are gone, I Isentress is an old Hiv drug and now they have approval on a niche combo that is already late to the game. Everybody in virology is miserable and are only here waiting to get let go so they can collect severance or to just retire. Don’t let anyone tell you that it’s a good place to work. Ask a current rep before you even think about this job. And yes, I used to work in this division . I would love to see someone paint a pretty picture of this place, can’t be done, and if they try, they are just brainwashed like all Merck lifers are. You will be a much happier person somewhere else.

Above poster is right. Also when I left, the most you could ever make in base was $126000 and ~$32000 bonus that they payed out 70% in September and the other 30% in March. None of it was based on numbers either, or it sure didn't feel like it. There is not a real, “eat what you kill mentality” here as far as paying people for selling more. People working here are grossly underpaid compared to their peers in the industry, contrary to what mgmt tells you.