Vertex - Another thrown together debachery!

Anonymous

Staffing people very unorganized. Cant remember what they said one day to the next.

Everyone is drinking the kool aid I am sure, and when they see how the commercial and medicare market is going to kick them to the curb like everyone else as a new biologic and they have to pay their dues everyone will be under the gun by end of 2011

<

Staffing people very unorganized. Cant remember what they said one day to the next.

Everyone is drinking the kool aid I am sure, and when they see how the commercial and medicare market is going to kick them to the curb like everyone else as a new biologic and they have to pay their dues everyone will be under the gun by end of 2011

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh, I didn't get the job!

I have spoke to staff and I know someone who is on the Managed Markets side already hired. My friend is happy to have a job and be with Vertex, but he did say that everyone is feeling like this is the coming of the mesiah and that everyone needs to relax and get a grip. This market is controlled a great deal by payers and channel of specialty distribution. The whole world is not going to change for a class of drug that has a disease that is every expensive to treat for a very poor population......Vertex is not going to be a brand new giant over night

I will also say the recruiting staff is not organized.....sports open one day they call you, and then they call and say "Oh I wasnt aware it was filled"

Hey its a job and its new and it will be fun for those involved, but after 16 months fun turns to expectation and then expectation turns to finger pointing......I will check this thread back in June of 2012

Yes this is just another Hep-C reunion company.......Managed Markets better have their act together.....but times are a lot different than they were back when Pegasys came out......Good Luck Managed Markets.......

I can also see Curascript/ESI, RX Solutions, Accredo, Next Rx, Precision Rx and the rest lining up for rebates you will not be giving them.......

Vertex is based in Massachusetts,.....going to be sad when New England is the bottom of the barrel in sales and MS after 1 year.

I was called for an interview in Boston market....I did my due diligence and called Tufts, BCBS, Harvard, Fallon, and Anthem........All 6-9 month review and the Prior Auth will be a mainstay as most bio's have. BCBS has a new biologics PA process good luck with that one

Also Boston has the largest volume of Hep-C, and that will make it harder to gain switches....Vertex better be in the pockets of Beth Israel, Mass general, and St E's

good luck you will need it

Your a douche bag that didn't get a job!!!!

You guys need to get over it!

Hep-C is so know by many that anyone ever in this class can say the accurate things in this thread regardless of getting a job here or not

Also Vertex broadcasted their openings all over the net and with recruiters more than the weather channel gives a national broadcast.......Vertex opened the door and now everyone has an opinion

You guys need to get over it!

Hep-C is so know by many that anyone ever in this class can say the accurate things in this thread regardless of getting a job here or not

Also Vertex broadcasted their openings all over the net and with recruiters more than the weather channel gives a national broadcast.......Vertex opened the door and now everyone has an opinion

What?

I know what the poster meant

A new upstart and big recruitment and hiring in the pharma industry gains as much attention as a new Tom Cruise movie.......the reality is most of his movies are average just like an over zealous upstart

I have talked to 5 colleagues at 5 different companies and they all were looking into Vertex as well. Its the hot Panera Bread/Starbucks topic over the past month.....dieing off quick though

Vertex saturated their advertising for jobs like a dominoes pizza flyer

I did my due diligence and they are spending a lot of salary for a shitload of managed care personnel. Over 20 ram positions at 125k salary min each. 5 nam spots I believe, spp director, and acct mgmt

So u think you will busy when the payers give u one appt every 6 months ?

The only reason they invested so heavy here with a one drug show is so they can say they have coverage and then step on the sales mgmt and sales reps necks

I also agree. There ms will be the lowest in new england where the company exists and that won't sit well

Good luck u will need it

I was called for an interview in Boston market....I did my due diligence and called Tufts, BCBS, Harvard, Fallon, and Anthem........All 6-9 month review and the Prior Auth will be a mainstay as most bio's have. BCBS has a new biologics PA process good luck with that one

Also Boston has the largest volume of Hep-C, and that will make it harder to gain switches....Vertex better be in the pockets of Beth Israel, Mass general, and St E's

good luck you will need it

I hope your managed markets people have plently of specialty pharma experience - a must in this environment. Launching a specialty drug is totally different than launching a traditional product. Reimbursement will be non-existent until you can establish codes, etc. Good Luck.