• Wed news: 2025 Medicare drug price negotiations. BioAge Labs aiming at $180M IPO. Merck Keytruda colorectal cancer flop. Sanofi gets bids for consumer health unit. Novo Nordisk CEO in Senate hot seat. See more on our front page

Valeant, Ackman to submit Allergan special meeting request

Anonymous

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014...ant-pharms-shareholders-idUSKBN0GM1BL20140822

(Reuters) - Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc (VRX.TO) and Pershing Square Capital Management will submit a request on Friday to Allergan Inc (AGN.N) for a special shareholders meeting, sources told CNBC television.

Allergan's corporate bylaws require Valeant and Pershing Square to have more than 25 percent of shareholders' votes in favor of holding the meeting. They have support from more than 30 percent, CNBC reported, citing the sources.

<

With all the talk about Valeant, I am very interested to see how Allergan performs this quarter. For me, this is what the deal comes down to. Quarterly earnings report and a possible meeting could come within weeks of each other.

If AGN delivers on Pyott's estimates, it's game over. However, an Allergan miss at or near the called meeting could spell trouble. An acquisition is obviously an X factor as well.

I am starting to see a ton of disruption in the market and certainly no one could blame Allergan for being distracted. But this quarter is crucial- Pyott's expectations are high, but the overall stakes are higher.

You have an amazing grasp for the obvious, great job. Listen, this is a total SH/T-SHOW and we are in the middle of it. Pershing and Valeant aren't going anywhere, if anything they are starting to push harder. The key will be the shareholders and the market. If AGN and VRX stocks continue to grow one would think the deal is getting close. Nothing like being stressed in the summer.

With all the talk about Valeant, I am very interested to see how Allergan performs this quarter. For me, this is what the deal comes down to. Quarterly earnings report and a possible meeting could come within weeks of each other.

If AGN delivers on Pyott's estimates, it's game over. However, an Allergan miss at or near the called meeting could spell trouble. An acquisition is obviously an X factor as well.

I am starting to see a ton of disruption in the market and certainly no one could blame Allergan for being distracted. But this quarter is crucial- Pyott's expectations are high, but the overall stakes are higher.

It's crazy- a friend and I were talking yesterday and he had the exact same thoughts. His belief is that Pyott's delay could be a huge mistake. The thought was... You just had a great quarter, you announced restructuring, and you raised guidance. Allow the meeting to be called and based on the trajectory of the company, no way are they voting out the board. Why would they?

But he chose to delay and drug the deal out. Your long term investors who would not support the deal have pulled out and taken profits. In their place are pro deal hedgies. There is now outside noise about manipulating the system. Now we hear about an acquisition that does not really fit your business. And because of the delay you have backed yourself into a position where next quarters earnings are crucial. I think it's a mistake.

It's crazy- a friend and I were talking yesterday and he had the exact same thoughts. His belief is that Pyott's delay could be a huge mistake. The thought was... You just had a great quarter, you announced restructuring, and you raised guidance. Allow the meeting to be called and based on the trajectory of the company, no way are they voting out the board. Why would they?

But he chose to delay and drug the deal out. Your long term investors who would not support the deal have pulled out and taken profits. In their place are pro deal hedgies. There is now outside noise about manipulating the system. Now we hear about an acquisition that does not really fit your business. And because of the delay you have backed yourself into a position where next quarters earnings are crucial. I think it's a mistake.

That's the most rediculous thing I've ever heard. The meeting hasn't even been asked for and would create a Colette circus.

Salix also is a great match.

The only match is your face and DP's ass, what a joke- dude doesn't care about anyone but himself. I am smart enough to know that these CEOs speak behind the scenes and this is all a show. Time for the show to end, it's getting old to say the least.

You have an amazing grasp for the obvious, great job. Listen, this is a total SH/T-SHOW and we are in the middle of it. Pershing and Valeant aren't going anywhere, if anything they are starting to push harder. The key will be the shareholders and the market. If AGN and VRX stocks continue to grow one would think the deal is getting close. Nothing like being stressed in the summer.

You know it.

This isn't going back to the courts....that hand was played and Allergan lost it with the judge on Wednesday. Edwards probably left as CFO because he defied Pyott's desire to over leverage the company for a bad deal with Salix or another ill-fitting and pricey target. No company, and I mean no public company had ever survived a 30% dissident block of ownership and a proxy fight, especially when there is soooo much downside at stake. Sad what's going on here as Valeant is a truly a terrible and unethical company with a debt Ponzi scheme for a business model. To the earlier comment, lots of disruption is coming and I see it as well particularly in aesthetics and ophthalmic....

Why so you think the Salix CEO has left there stock price that high versus making and announcement. If talks are truly dormant it's because they are plan B - frankly they make a pretty good plan A

Why so you think the Salix CEO has left there stock price that high versus making and announcement. If talks are truly dormant it's because they are plan B - frankly they make a pretty good plan A

If your grammar is any indication, I'm pretty sure you have absolutely no idea what the hell you're talking about.