• Tue news: Merck's Keytruda stages comeback in head and neck cancer. GSK, Pfizer RSV vaccine sales fall. Astellas gene therapy bet. Extreme weather —>drug shortages. J&J discontinues bladder cancer drug. See more on our front page

Vaccines???

Anonymous

This so far has been a tough sell but I think we all be be OK in this BU. I have had luck in a few offices and the longer we are out their the easier it will become. Once we get recommendations things will get much better. How does everyone else feel so far?

This so far has been a tough sell but I think we all be be OK in this BU. I have had luck in a few offices and the longer we are out their the easier it will become. Once we get recommendations things will get much better. How does everyone else feel so far?

How are we supposed to sell a 13 valent vaccine against a 23 valent vaccine when we don't have acip and p13 is 2x the price? Really, this is just a money grab and internist who are already poor vaccinators are not buying it.

How are we supposed to sell a 13 valent vaccine against a 23 valent vaccine when we don't have acip and p13 is 2x the price? Really, this is just a money grab and internist who are already poor vaccinators are not buying it.

Read the label. Much better titers for the more relevant types that are in P13. Only problem is if you get P23 as prime, P13 does not boost as well (but way better than P23 boost). Fortunately P13 boosts itself very well. In time P13 will do well.

Read the label. Much better titers for the more relevant types that are in P13. Only problem is if you get P23 as prime, P13 does not boost as well (but way better than P23 boost). Fortunately P13 boosts itself very well. In time P13 will do well.

I have tried this "more relevant type" discussion. Customers, especially pharmacists and infectious disease, keep coming back to the fact that p23 has 11 additional serotypes and that serotype shift means that the "most relevant type" is changing from year-to-year. Although, I am thinking that the pharmacists don't like the price and the ID's don't like the lack of ACIP cover. We will see. I will feel better if someone has a big win. Then we will know that there is a pathway.

I have tried this "more relevant type" discussion. Customers, especially pharmacists and infectious disease, keep coming back to the fact that p23 has 11 additional serotypes and that serotype shift means that the "most relevant type" is changing from year-to-year. Although, I am thinking that the pharmacists don't like the price and the ID's don't like the lack of ACIP cover. We will see. I will feel better if someone has a big win. Then we will know that there is a pathway.

Are the other 11 relevant? Or are the 13 with resistance problems relevant? PPSV here 2 decades and still strep pneumo resistance problems. One size doesn't fit all. IDs say there is debate that PPSV even works and Merck has had 20 years to prove outcomes but never did not wanting to jepeordize it's monopoly. Now customers have a choice. Better for patients in the end....Memory baby!

Are the other 11 relevant? Or are the 13 with resistance problems relevant? PPSV here 2 decades and still strep pneumo resistance problems. One size doesn't fit all. IDs say there is debate that PPSV even works and Merck has had 20 years to prove outcomes but never did not wanting to jepeordize it's monopoly. Now customers have a choice. Better for patients in the end....Memory baby!

The challenge is that we are asking drs to choose between the "most relevant" and the other strains and with p23, you get them all.

Do customers have a choice? Is medicare covering p13 for 65+? Is Blue Cross Blue Shield? do you feel confident enough to tell your customer to go ahead and vaccinate a hundred pts over 65 with p13. I don't think so.

Wow! How does leadership expect us to sell Prevar 13 to 50+ over P23 without acip, without reimbursement and at twice the price with half the serotypes? Whose bright idea was this?

Closed 3 accounts this week. This isnt a hard sell. You have to have basic sales skills to move business. I think most of the Pfizer reps in this division lack the ability. Not everyone will buy until we get the ACIP recommendation. But you can find people that will buy.

Closed 3 accounts this week. This isnt a hard sell. You have to have basic sales skills to move business. I think most of the Pfizer reps in this division lack the ability. Not everyone will buy until we get the ACIP recommendation. But you can find people that will buy.

Closed three accounts? I call bs. You expect us to believe that you got three accounts to use p13 instead of p23 for their 50+ eligibles? Whats going to happen when they don't get reimbursed for half of those pts? Don't lie to me, I am not your manager. Once again, I call BS!!!