• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Uh Oh... HIRING FREEZE

Anonymous

Not cool. I've heard that all District Managers with openings were informed that the entire hiring process is now frozen. Even candidates that have done the phone/computer screen and contacted for interview are frozen out.

Last time this happened there was a big amount of chopping announced within a month. Funny how history repeats itself.

"we're right sized", "we're expanding with a small reorg at the management level"....

I hope the packages are as good as the last two go rounds.

Good luck and GOD bless.

<

Not cool. I've heard that all District Managers with openings were informed that the entire hiring process is now frozen. Even candidates that have done the phone/computer screen and contacted for interview are frozen out.

Last time this happened there was a big amount of chopping announced within a month. Funny how history repeats itself.

"we're right sized", "we're expanding with a small reorg at the management level"....

I hope the packages are as good as the last two go rounds.

Good luck and GOD bless.

Nice try. This is a troll post, obviously. We just announced expansion last week of UC sales force. There is no hiring freeze troll boy, things are looking pretty damn good at Takeda right now.

We are headed to a layoff boys and girls. Fasten your seatbelt this is going to be a bumpy ride over the next month. Who cares about speciality sales force. They can easily contract out Dexilant and focus on Nesina, Amitiza and Gout with less people. Give the Mole credit guys. He was accurate once again.

Nice try. This is a troll post, obviously. We just announced expansion last week of UC sales force. There is no hiring freeze troll boy, things are looking pretty damn good at Takeda right now.

The OP is right. Just heard from my DM today the position open in our district is frozen (my friend is interviewing for the position) and all positions that are open are frozen. True we are going to have a gi team but others may be cut it seems. If we are hiring 110 gi position but getting rid of 500 other reps is that considered an expansion?

The OP is right. Just heard from my DM today the position open in our district is frozen (my friend is interviewing for the position) and all positions that are open are frozen. True we are going to have a gi team but others may be cut it seems. If we are hiring 110 gi position but getting rid of 500 other reps is that considered an expansion?

Only in managements sick mind where they can and do put a positive spin on everything negative

Awesome!! Can't wait blotches!!

You don't believe there is a hiring freeze? I referred a candidate for an open position listed on Careers@Takeda on Horizon. At first, he received the usual automated reply thanking him for his application to the position. Then, about two weeks later, he received this:

Hello xxxx,

We have received your application for the position of Sales Representative - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen business circumstances, this position is no longer being filled. We sincerely apologize for this development and wish you luck in your future endeavors. We will retain your candidate file in our database and may inform you of job openings that match your profile if you selected this option.

We thank you for your interest in Takeda Pharmaceuticals, where we help people live better lives.

Best regards,
Human Resources Department
Takeda Pharmaceuticals

To view current job opportunities and apply online, please visit takedajobs.com

Follow Takeda on LinkedIn

Replies to this message are undeliverable and will not reach the Human Resources Department. Please do not reply.

You don't believe there is a hiring freeze? I referred a candidate for an open position listed on Careers@Takeda on Horizon. At first, he received the usual automated reply thanking him for his application to the position. Then, about two weeks later, he received this:

Hello xxxx,

We have received your application for the position of Sales Representative - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen business circumstances, this position is no longer being filled. We sincerely apologize for this development and wish you luck in your future endeavors. We will retain your candidate file in our database and may inform you of job openings that match your profile if you selected this option.

We thank you for your interest in Takeda Pharmaceuticals, where we help people live better lives.

Best regards,
Human Resources Department
Takeda Pharmaceuticals

To view current job opportunities and apply online, please visit takedajobs.com

Follow Takeda on LinkedIn

Replies to this message are undeliverable and will not reach the Human Resources Department. Please do not reply.

Why are we finding this out through job candidates? It would be nice to have official communications sent to the reps on this one.