• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Typical relocation package?

anonymous

Anyone know what type of relocation packages Janssen offers? This would be a cross country move for an R&D position starting at the six figure mark if that makes a difference. Position is approved for relocation, just curious as to how it works there.

<

Anyone know what type of relocation packages Janssen offers? This would be a cross country move for an R&D position starting at the six figure mark if that makes a difference. Position is approved for relocation, just curious as to how it works there.

sounds like youd qualify for a pat on the back and a attaboy.

if you will need to relocate cross country you're shit outa luck. unless you are a new grad or applying for a senior level position you probably won't get the job.

if you will need to relocate cross country you're shit outa luck. unless you are a new grad or applying for a senior level position you probably won't get the job.

lol A new grad wouldn’t come close to being qualified. You need connections, a terminal degree, and years of experience. I’ll just wait and ask them in person.

lol A new grad wouldn’t come close to being qualified. You need connections, a terminal degree, and years of experience. I’ll just wait and ask them in person.

i didnt say anything about being qualified for a position. i think you misunderstood, which is not surprising.

i said the company probably wouldnt pay for a cross country relocation for anyone unless they were a new grad or a senior level position.

so judging from your ability to read and comprehend the things you have read, i am pretty confident in my initial conclusion. you probably wont get the job.

i didnt say anything about being qualified for a position. i think you misunderstood, which is not surprising.

i said the company probably wouldnt pay for a cross country relocation for anyone unless they were a new grad or a senior level position.

so judging from your ability to read and comprehend the things you have read, i am pretty confident in my initial conclusion. you probably wont get the job.

I made it clear in my post that they will pay for it. My question was about the structure of the package, not your opinion on an offer. I included that information in the original post to circumvent comments like yours, but that would assume that people like you had an ability to read and comprehend the things that they have read. I've been proven wrong- thank you.

I made it clear in my post that they will pay for it. My question was about the structure of the package, not your opinion on an offer. I included that information in the original post to circumvent comments like yours, but that would assume that people like you had an ability to read and comprehend the things that they have read. I've been proven wrong- thank you.

you asked, "Anyone know what type of relocation packages Janssen offers? This would be a cross country move for an R&D position"

and i answered... janssen will give no relocation package for a cross country R&D position unless it was for a new grad or a senior level position.

reading is fun. you should try it.

you asked, "Anyone know what type of relocation packages Janssen offers? This would be a cross country move for an R&D position"

and i answered... janssen will give no relocation package for a cross country R&D position unless it was for a new grad or a senior level position.

reading is fun. you should try it.

I said, "The position is approved for relocation". Nothing to do with opinions on hiring. Directors and VP's don't waste time with people they aren't considering. Hiring protocol is a different subject than the structure of a relocation package.

Reading is fun. You should try it.

Hiring protocol is a different subject than the structure of a relocation package.

Reading is fun. You should try it.
its not a different subject when there is no relocation package structure for a someone whos not a new grad or someone whos applying for a senior level position.

but now since you claim to be in direct contact with "directors and vps" are you now claiming to be applying for a senior level position? if thats thr case why would you be disagreeing with me? interesting.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand, welcome to Janssen. Consider the previous poster's reply as your FIRST red flag.

Best of luck to you.

its not a different subject when there is no relocation package structure for a someone whos not a new grad or someone whos applying for a senior level position.

but now since you claim to be in direct contact with "directors and vps" are you now claiming to be applying for a senior level position? if thats thr case why would you be disagreeing with me? interesting.

We have different opinions on ‘senior’. All my senior roles have been followed by an entry level role at the next tier. For example, fast food management is a senior role. 4th year grad student, and 4th year postdoc are all ‘senior’ roles. Lab manager and senior researcher associate are senior roles. Those are all under ‘junior’ faculty, which in my opinion, is an entry level position.