Tues. state of the union be the end for eye care?

anonymous

So what's the deal with this stupid state of the union call for eye care on Tuesday? Why are we having a call when we were just in Chicago a few weeks ago? What more is there to say or is this the end?

<

if I had to guess I would say that we will learn nothing from this call. It'll be Tad rambling on about how essential we are and how what we do pays the bills. All I know is I'll stay as long as they'll keep me so I can collect whatever severance they pay out

I love that literally no one is responding to this thread. Eye care is dead. The reps can't even be bothered to sling negative responses on a CP thread. Hahaha. For the record my prediction is we will just be told the same old shit. Not glimpse into our future at the company good or bad.

There’s gotta be an end in sight. How long can rumors of the hem selling continue until a deal is done and we’re all gone.
The motivation in this division is in the toilet!

There’s gotta be an end in sight. How long can rumors of the hem selling continue until a deal is done and we’re all gone.
The motivation in this division is in the toilet!

I’ve given up hope that we’ll ever get laid off. I could have sworn it would have happened by now! Meanwhile I’m dreaming of that severance every bloody day…

I’ve given up hope that we’ll ever get laid off. I could have sworn it would have happened by now! Meanwhile I’m dreaming of that severance every bloody day…

Lol I'm with you. I wish they would just rip off the band aid. I'm so sick of waiting around to see if we'll be here in 2 months, 6 months, 1 year etc. These rumors have been going on for almost a year as it is. I don't think anything is happening with this call tomorrow unfortunately but we can hope.

Let's have some fun tomorrow with this call. How about a little drinking game. Every time Tad (or anyone from upper management) says the following you take a drink. Just be warned...you might want a few back up bevvies on hand because I think you'll be drinking a lot:
1. "How great was that Chicago meeting?!"
2. "I had no idea that _______ was so good at dancing/singing etc" (lame attempt to connect with sales force)
3. "Listen, eye care matters/you all matter/ophtha matters"
4. "What you do keeps the lights on/pays the bills/pays everyone's checks"
5. "Ophtha may not be a primary focus area, but the company is investing in what you do with the Account Based Selling module. How cool is that?"
6. "You are essential"
7. "I know as much as you guys"
8. "We/I don't speak to/give time to/address the rumor mill."
9. "I will be as transparent as possible with you guys."
10. "I will stick around for a long as needed to answer all your questions." :has to jump off call after 1-2 questions."

Let's have some fun tomorrow with this call. How about a little drinking game. Every time Tad (or anyone from upper management) says the following you take a drink. Just be warned...you might want a few back up bevvies on hand because I think you'll be drinking a lot:
2. "I had no idea that _______ was so good at dancing/singing etc" (lame attempt to connect with sales force)
5. "Ophtha may not be a primary focus area, but the company is investing in what you do with the Account Based Selling module. How cool is that?"
6. "You are essential"
10. "I will stick around for a long as needed to answer all your questions." :has to jump off call after 1-2 questions."

I’m not part of EyeCare but your quotes are spot on and I can hear him saying each of those as some are repeats from previous divisions. Please keep us posted on what happens and how many drinks you take lol

6. "You are essential"

Hahahahhahaha I can literally hear his voice saying each of these! So spot on!

6. "You are essential"

This is hilarious! I actually like Tad and think he's a good guy, but these are dead on. All the cliche things one can possibly say on a team call and he will say them.

So what happened on your call?
We had an exciting announcement that ken jeung or however u spell it is going to ascrs. They aren't fixing IC and correcting the flip flop that is eye care tanking, not assuring us we wont be sold, and definitely not announcing whats next for the division after xiidra. Its cruise control till somebody is dumb enough to buy xiidra. Wait till Tarsus launches their drug and 50% of the salesforce leaves.