• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Tracking

Yes it's called Airwatch. I have a relative that works for the company he told me that it will ping your location every 15 minutes a report is generated. It will ping even if your device location is turned off only way it won't is if device is completely off. Originally app was designed to help locate lost/stolen electronics. The company isn't happy that companies such as Alkermes utilizes it to track but can't stop it. Yes wheels who will be the Fleet vehicles does "mandate" an app be downloaded on your phone. This app will be able to track the vehicle the minute its started/ your speed/ your braking/ your drive time/ miles. ie no quick trips to the grocery store to grab dinner they will know. Up front doesn't seem bad but if you've been in this industry you will know the MO higher a lot of reps to try to get more sales after 2.5-3 years realized all you've done is pissed off the few providers that will see reps they close their offices you still haven't generated any sales because you are 4th to market these are over worked and apathetic providers who really do not care, to off set expansion so lay offs..... pull all tracking reports & you now are looking for another job and you have to buy a car because you thought you were saving money by going to fleet

Yes it's called Airwatch. I have a relative that works for the company he told me that it will ping your location every 15 minutes a report is generated. It will ping even if your device location is turned off only way it won't is if device is completely off. Originally app was designed to help locate lost/stolen electronics. The company isn't happy that companies such as Alkermes utilizes it to track but can't stop it. Yes wheels who will be the Fleet vehicles does "mandate" an app be downloaded on your phone. This app will be able to track the vehicle the minute its started/ your speed/ your braking/ your drive time/ miles. ie no quick trips to the grocery store to grab dinner they will know. Up front doesn't seem bad but if you've been in this industry you will know the MO higher a lot of reps to try to get more sales after 2.5-3 years realized all you've done is pissed off the few providers that will see reps they close their offices you still haven't generated any sales because you are 4th to market these are over worked and apathetic providers who really do not care, to off set expansion so lay offs..... pull all tracking reports & you now are looking for another job and you have to buy a car because you thought you were saving money by going to fleet

Personal miles are allowed with fleet like every other company, so what’s the problem? If you aren’t doing your current job, you should be looking for a different job.

personal miles are just that it’s your decision if you want your personal miles/ whereabouts tracked. It’s pretty crappy this co hasn’t held a Q&A session & has already rolled out the choice button. Never disclosing any of this; wheels offers this app as a “cost savings” measure for co they also don’t allow ANY phone calls while driving not even earpieces or Bluetooth devices

personal miles are just that it’s your decision if you want your personal miles/ whereabouts tracked. It’s pretty crappy this co hasn’t held a Q&A session & has already rolled out the choice button. Never disclosing any of this; wheels offers this app as a “cost savings” measure for co they also don’t allow ANY phone calls while driving not even earpieces or Bluetooth devices
If you’re going somewhere you shouldn’t be on your private time and don’t want to be tracked then it seems like your choice is made up for you. Why make it such a big deal????? They give us a choice. Most companies don’t.

The big deal is that management has made it VERY clear that there is a feeling of distrust. I want to work for a company that believes in me and trusts that I will get the job done. Tracking should be unacceptable.

The big deal is that management has made it VERY clear that there is a feeling of distrust. I want to work for a company that believes in me and trusts that I will get the job done. Tracking should be unacceptable.

It's 2018, everything we do is tracked, and not just if you work for a corporation. Privacy rules for the modern world are different than were when you were young, which was likely a long time agon. Facebook knows more about you than Alkermes or some mobile fleet program app does, you can count on that.

Airwatch is on iPad & iPhone that’s why don’t be cheap keep & get a personal phone. App from wheels is to be on phone
My guess is co hasn’t a clue how much fleets cars will cost so once a few fender benders & traffic tix cause rise in insurance wheels will tell them they can save monies by installing this app on every driver ie app won’t be mandated for 6-12 months then it will be pushed out. Sad thing is upper mgt hasn’t a clue for this market there are so many uncontrollables & adding more reps is not the answer ie spending more monies will not garner more monies. Why do you think Otsuka laid off reps? Only reason Jansen highering it’s for new drug they’re just giving them invega for something to do. If co had a clue they’d never higher direct over laps for some territories. Bottom line better to be safe than sorry keep your own car & cell.