• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Toxic Culture and Purge of 40+

anonymous

Clearly we are seeing a very toxic culture and the purge of 40 plus year old people from the Humira launch. The new Abbvie is “churn and burn” thru new young millennials who don’t give two shits about patients or relationships or loyalty. Clearly this is a crash and burn legacy ahead.

<

This is so happening. Look at all the new hires, few over the age of 30 and most under 25. I kinda get we are an aging organization and need younger hires but it's getting scary. In a world we are told no age discrimination, ABBVIE is putting this agenda for all to see. New hire = young. It's blatant discrimination. I'd suspect most managers wouldn't even consider a 40 plus year old.

Especially if you are over 40 and considered a threat by your clueless DM! I was making more than him and was pushed out at 48 after 20 years with AbbVie/Abbott. Best thing to ever happen though since I landed an even higher salary with a much better company and culture! Good riddance to this toxic company!

Very toxic culture. Most slept their way up the corporate ladder, family members hiring brother-in laws as a DM in a certain franchise. Some dating their own reps on their team.
lets talk about HR they gather information and then find no problem. They need to protect themselves on how to address a lawsuit. Pension is gone, Allergan came in and they pretty much cut all the retire benefits.

All the big pharma companies do this. Not a surprise. Remember the goals they give you are set at two levels. One level is where they make profit. The next level which is your quota is unattainable for 85% of the sales force. The ones that make the goal they use as examples of “hard work” and “strategic excellence” they’re bullshit. Mostly luck. Just ride the wave stay somewhere in the middle top portion of sales and you can survive relatively unscathed. Managers can’t manage unless they have people under them so be the quiet one that doesn’t complain. No one is gonna change big pharma they want young people who value nonsense perks. When they get old and smart enough to realize they need money in this world. They will be gone too. The saga continues….

They wanted us all GONE. We built the house with Humira.. they evicted us from our home. They all need to lose their jobs. Fat Markley, JD, ED, JV (male/female), Haff, and the rest of that neurotic group. MAGA- Make Abbvie Great Again.

true. I guess old man rick got angry after splitting up with his young wife and left this mandate so he can fins his new wife within abbvie and not run into legal issues

true. I guess old man rick got angry after splitting up with his young wife and left this mandate so he can fins his new wife within abbvie and not run into legal issues
Me and RG the only OG's in the game to close actual bunnies. #payhertoleave #gamerecognizegame #trampslikeus #tigerblood #missjanuary