Total TAP takeover

<

That's right, no Takeda peeps running the show anymore, she was our last hope.

Trust me on this. It will only start to get better when you admit defeat and move on.

Accept the fact that somewhere around April 2008 TPC decided that TAP IS the real Takeda. Accept the fact that Alan's relationship with the higher ups at Takeda went back decades. Accept the fact that Shinji's relationship with Alan and Doug went back decades. Accept the fact that you were just a place holder until Alan and Doug could be liberated from Abbott.

Also accept the fact that you are not a legacy Takeda employee who worked to help build Takeda for a decade, you are in fact a TAP employee who was involuntarily hired in July of 2008.

Also understand that TAP was an experiment by TPC to leverage Abbott to learn how to operate in the US market. TPNA was an experiment to take the lessons learned at TAP to try and create a less corporate version of a pharmaceutical company. Apparently TPC decided the TPNA experiment was a failure.

Are you starting to feel better yet?

Trust me on this. It will only start to get better when you admit defeat and move on.

Accept the fact that somewhere around April 2008 TPC decided that TAP IS the real Takeda. Accept the fact that Alan's relationship with the higher ups at Takeda went back decades. Accept the fact that Shinji's relationship with Alan and Doug went back decades. Accept the fact that you were just a place holder until Alan and Doug could be liberated from Abbott.

Also accept the fact that you are not a legacy Takeda employee who worked to help build Takeda for a decade, you are in fact a TAP employee who was involuntarily hired in July of 2008.

Also understand that TAP was an experiment by TPC to leverage Abbott to learn how to operate in the US market. TPNA was an experiment to take the lessons learned at TAP to try and create a less corporate version of a pharmaceutical company. Apparently TPC decided the TPNA experiment was a failure.

Are you starting to feel better yet?

Don't forget that TAP built TPNA and proved they could launch two product in competitive classes (Prevacid and Lupron). Don't forget that TPNA only had one successful product (actos) and it was only successful because both of Actos' competitors either got pulled or had major label changes that made them basically a last resort product. TPNA did nothing to prove they could effectively operate in the US market. It is unfortunate that too many TPNA people were kept when TPNA and TAP merged. If it would have been TAP management from the beginning of the merger we would be in a much better position now. Unfortunately, it is too late to save the company without MAJOR reduction in forces. I'm certain that the TAP management will save this company but only after 50 to 70% of the company is RIF'd. Then those that are left will be motivated at a company that has right sized and the existing product mix will be sustainable for a few years until more products can be acquired or launched and maybe an expansion in 2016 or 2017.

One thing I do agree with the OP on is that this place sucks to work for now and morale is at an all time low. No wonder most are not working very hard.

Good luck to all and God bless.

Don't forget that TAP built TPNA and proved they could launch two product in competitive classes (Prevacid and Lupron). Don't forget that TPNA only had one successful product (actos) and it was only successful because both of Actos' competitors either got pulled or had major label changes that made them basically a last resort product. TPNA did nothing to prove they could effectively operate in the US market. It is unfortunate that too many TPNA people were kept when TPNA and TAP merged. If it would have been TAP management from the beginning of the merger we would be in a much better position now. Unfortunately, it is too late to save the company without MAJOR reduction in forces. I'm certain that the TAP management will save this company but only after 50 to 70% of the company is RIF'd. Then those that are left will be motivated at a company that has right sized and the existing product mix will be sustainable for a few years until more products can be acquired or launched and maybe an expansion in 2016 or 2017.

One thing I do agree with the OP on is that this place sucks to work for now and morale is at an all time low. No wonder most are not working very hard.

Good luck to all and God bless.

Interesting. So did TAP learn to successfully operate in the US market before or after that $875,000,000 criminal fine paid over Lupron? I suppose it must have been after.

And in all reality Actos was a block buster product with over $2.4 billion in sales in the US prior to Avandia being pulled from the market or having the label down graded. It regularly split the market with Avandia even though GSK was a much larger and older company.

And TAP people have been in charge of the company pretty much exclusively since the integration, that was kind of the point.

But other than that I think you've got it.