Time to get out of Dermatology?

Anonymous

A couple of peers left Dermatology for another pharma industry. Definitely not like it used to be back in the day. Anyone else think the Dermatology era is coming to an end too or even the industry itself?

<

Derm has changed over, time that is true. However I'm in cardio now and it's changing too (formerly derm). Medical device is the place to be, I'm looking now for new opportunity in devices.

Derm has changed over, time that is true. However I'm in cardio now and it's changing too (formerly derm). Medical device is the place to be, I'm looking now for new opportunity in devices.

Devices? Is this 1998?
Nobody is going to pay you $165k to collect signatures and deliver food anymore. Regardless of the "relationships" you have, you'll need to work a little harder to maintain the inflated lifestyle you've created.
You had a great run, be thankful.

whole industry is hurting , everyone working harder for less as the payers don't want to pay for anything other than cheap generics , which aren't even cheap . Consumers are hamstrung with high deductibles . If u get out , get out of the industry

No kidding, left the "kiddy's table" (Galderma) for a seat at the adult table, Novartis. Selling biologics is the real deal. Our bonuses are between 30-50k a quarter and our salaries are much, much higher... You don't need to leave Derm as much as you need to get in the biologic field...