Those of you that kissed @#$ your entire career, was it worth it?

anonymous

When I started in this industry at age 25, I soaked it up like a sponge. Then, I realized most of the people I was working with were idiots that couldn't sell a lick.

Also, I couldn't kiss anymore !@#$. So, I left. I retired at 46, with good benefits as a state worker too. Great move for me, while most of my peers were downsized and had to go through stupid interviews over the years.

Those of you that faked it your entire lives, how does it feel now? Was kissing @#$ your entire life, good for your self-esteem? Or, did you think it was normal to be treated like a 5 year-old your entire life at work?

I enjoyed the game of fabrication ended up 30 long years at same huge company 6 figure pension and mid 7 figure 401k like any job I did it for the money and out smarted them all. I started in this industry at age 25, I soaked it up like a sponge. Then, I realized most of the people I was working with were idiots that couldn't sell a lick.

Also, I couldn't kiss anymore !@#$. So, I left. I retired at 46, with good benefits as a state worker too. Great move for me, while most of my peers were downsized and had to go through stupid interviews over the years.

Those of you that faked it your entire lives, how does it feel now? Was kissing @#$ your entire life, good for your self-esteem? Or, did you think it was normal to be treated like a 5 year-old your entire life at work?

Yes, but you still spent 30 years as a slave for a company.

I don't see how the hell you won.

Money is not that hard to accumulate. And, it is worthless, due to inflation.

Also, it is easy to have a good life without much money. Just find a low crime area to live, a decent house, drive frugal cars, and don't buy worthless items.

You also have to remember that, as you age, TIME is far more valuable than money. It always was, but when we are young, we think we have forever. We don't. That is the trick to understand: HEALTH is far more valuable. Lowering Stress as well. I just never felt comfortable with this job, because of the continual stress. I think I cared too much, and that was my biggest problem. Nonetheless, when I look back, I did waste too much of my youth making other people money. These companies are worthless, and don't care. And my lazy friends that worked at the state now have 8 weeks vacation, and live in good neighborhoods, and enjoyed more time with their family, in lower stress jobs.

Bottom line: corporate sales is for losers and has a negative return on investment.

Also, it is easy to have a good life without much money. Just find a low crime area to live, a decent house, drive frugal cars, and don't buy worthless items.

You also have to remember that, as you age, TIME is far more valuable than money. It always was, but when we are young, we think we have forever. We don't. That is the trick to understand: HEALTH is far more valuable. Lowering Stress as well. I just never felt comfortable with this job, because of the continual stress. I think I cared too much, and that was my biggest problem. Nonetheless, when I look back, I did waste too much of my youth making other people money. These companies are worthless, and don't care. And my lazy friends that worked at the state now have 8 weeks vacation, and live in good neighborhoods, and enjoyed more time with their family, in lower stress jobs.

Bottom line: corporate sales is for losers and has a negative return on investment.
“slave to the company”

you have no idea what I did for 30 years at the company. If you like 1st class international travel, millions of Marriott points and millions of airline points and millions of Amex rewards a fantastic t&e budget then I was a slave.
I had the entry level detail man job in my first step, slepping in catering for these fabricated office visits I quickly outgrew that role and moved up the food chain!

“slave to the company”

you have no idea what I did for 30 years at the company. If you like 1st class international travel, millions of Marriott points and millions of airline points and millions of Amex rewards a fantastic t&e budget then I was a slave.

I had the entry level detail man job in my first step, slepping in catering for these fabricated office visits I quickly outgrew that role and moved up the food chain!
Yes, you were a slave.

Sorry to break your Fantasy.

I do respect your responses though. It shows you have some backbone. Unlike 99 percent of posters here that are clueless.

What type of state jobs? I need to escape corporate asap

Very true...I rue the day I ever set foot near Pharmaceutical Sales...it's sorta like the Hotel California...you can check out but you can never leave..it is a curse on your resume and only sets you up for other bottom feeder sales jobs...

Very true...I rue the day I ever set foot near Pharmaceutical Sales...it's sorta like the Hotel California...you can check out but you can never leave..it is a curse on your resume and only sets you up for other bottom feeder sales jobs...

Having Rx on your resume is a killer. Its no benefit to be age 45 and have pharma on your resume. They deal is: Jump! Bite the bullet, take the brutal pay cut and claw your way back on a different ladder. Hell, sell automatic garage doors. No joke. I was so narrow in my view of sales. There are a lot of people that make good money in sales strictly number or unit based. Numbers that's it. Sink or swim.

Medical and Pharma were finished in the mid 80s with managed care and the huge influx of reps. Too much of good thing.

When I started in this industry at age 25, I soaked it up like a sponge. Then, I realized most of the people I was working with were idiots that couldn't sell a lick.

We all make choices in Life...so it's up to you how to handle your jobs. I for one would not let reps, who were lazy or stupid get to me. Nothing I could do. Most of them left or got fired. Oh, well. Always do the best you can.