• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

Thinking of working for Medtronics

<

I gross around 140 grand to 160 grand in my current pharma job, should I make the jump to Medtronics starting in diabetes?

Do you mind me asking what company you work for? I was recently called by a recruiter for a Medtronics position in the Midwest. I'd like to look at Pharma as well though since I have almost 5 years experience with DME. I'm tired of dealing with customers complaining and Dr's hate our company. They call it Crapria, lol. If I can make 140K that'd be sweet. I have an MBA so eventually I'd look into a management position, however I love sales.

Do you mind me asking what company you work for? I was recently called by a recruiter for a Medtronics position in the Midwest. I'd like to look at Pharma as well though since I have almost 5 years experience with DME. I'm tired of dealing with customers complaining and Dr's hate our company. They call it Crapria, lol. If I can make 140K that'd be sweet. I have an MBA so eventually I'd look into a management position, however I love sales.

Boys start with knowing the company is named Medtronic/No "s."

Once upon a time 140-160 would have been an off year at diabetes BUT the comp plan has become more complicated and convoluted over the years as well as lower target comp. You can still make more than that but it is very unlikely, and you can certainly make much less. You also mentioned that you would start in diabetes. It is very unlikely that you will ever leave diabetes for another Medtronic position. It's the joke of the rest of Medtronic.

Thanks for the honest answer. I was thinking I could make the jump into devise sales but maybe its too late based on my salary. I was thinking I could come over and make over 200 grand but seems like that doesn't happen to often anymore.

Thinking of working for Medtronic in the Aquamantys Division, looking for feedback. What is the training like and how long? Is the training at home or at the corporate office? What is a realistic first year payout?

Thanks for the honest answer. I was thinking I could make the jump into devise sales but maybe its too late based on my salary. I was thinking I could come over and make over 200 grand but seems like that doesn't happen to often anymore.

Since you're concerned about spelling and grammar:

"doesn't happen 'TOO' often" would be accurate.

You should probably just stay in pharma.