• Tue news: Obesity pill race heats up. Express Scripts sues FTC. More ESMO data. Kairos IPO. Daiichi-Merck guided-missile cancer drug. See more on our front page

The greatest corporate culture on earth

anonymous

I love Lilly's corporate culture. A culture that places diversity first and foremost so that it trickles down through the ranks, fostering a community like bond among the workforce. We are Lilly, we are one. Haters not welcome.

I love Lilly's corporate culture. A culture that places diversity first and foremost so that it trickles down through the ranks, fostering a community like bond among the workforce. We are Lilly, we are one. Haters not welcome.

Yes and let's not forget the diverse pipeline. So much promise. We're talking animal, we're talking human....

That explains the flashing disco lights/balls and purple haze emanating from the wildness walkfeature around the campus

the blacklights after getting covered with fluorescent foam from those jets in the ceiling was my favorite, better than Burning Man ... then the skinny dipping following woot woot

As for diversity, much can be said. If your in the field and want to attend the diversity forum in Indy, you can only attend if your territory is doing better then the national average. So much for diversity.

A culture SO AWESOME, this is what our "chemists" do when they aren't making PowerPoint extravaganzas. The good news, his stuttering is now cured...oh wait, no it's not.

Volume 94 Issue 32 | p. 3 |Letters
Issue Date: August 8, 2016
‘Ninja’ chemist

AUGUST 8, 2016 LETTERS
After reading the Newscripts about chemists vying to appear on the TV show “American Ninja Warrior” (C&EN, June 20, page 40), I wanted to point out one more chemist who escaped the public eye because of some very unfortunate circumstances.

Eli Lilly & Co. research chemist Thierry Masquelin (aka “the French Dragon”) was also selected to compete on the show that filmed in Indianapolis (where he has worked and lived for more than 20 years, conveniently). Sadly, he had a terrible fall during training a few weeks before competing, breaking numerous bones and tearing all the soft tissue in his shoulder; this is likely why he was not brought to your attention when researching this article.

It would have been very entertaining to see him compete, as he is far bigger than most of the competitors I have ever seen on that show and quite a character! Maybe we will see him in next year’s competition after he heals all his injuries.

Chris R. (redacted to shield the feeble)

A culture SO AWESOME, this is what our "chemists" do when they aren't making PowerPoint extravaganzas. The good news, his stuttering is now cured...oh wait, no it's not.

‘Ninja’ chemist

AUGUST 8, 2016 LETTERS
After reading the Newscripts about chemists vying to appear on the TV show “American Ninja Warrior” (C&EN, June 20, page 40), I wanted to point out one more chemist who escaped the public eye because of some very unfortunate circumstances.

Eli Lilly & Co. research chemist Thierry Masquelin (aka “the French Dragon”) was also selected to compete on the show that filmed in Indianapolis (where he has worked and lived for more than 20 years, conveniently). Sadly, he had a terrible fall during training a few weeks before competing, breaking numerous bones and tearing all the soft tissue in his shoulder; this is likely why he was not brought to your attention when researching this article.

It would have been very entertaining to see him compete, as he is far bigger than most of the competitors I have ever seen on that show and quite a character! Maybe we will see him in next year’s competition after he heals all his injuries.

wishing him a speedy recovery!

Good to see an employee with personality!

‘Ninja’ chemist

AUGUST 8, 2016 LETTERS

A .PPT will trump a PhD any day of the week at Lilly.