• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

THE FUTURE OF PHARMA

Anonymous

Go into SP web site look at who they sold the company to and check out what the future is. Take a careful look at the entry level sales position. The company's name is Ashfield Health LLC. If this does not wake you up, don't what will.

<

Go into SP web site look at who they sold the company to and check out what the future is. Take a careful look at the entry level sales position. The company's name is Ashfield Health LLC. If this does not wake you up, don't what will.

At first when I read this post I paid no attention to it. But if you look into these connections it's crazy. Lets see: Alan M, Robin P and a few others leave to start SP. A year before that, Takeda partners with a CSO company in the UK called Ashfield In2Focus (of course owned by Ashfield Health). Then SP gets bought out by Ashfield when SP has nothing to really offer.

So IMO, Takeda is going to announce that they are going to "expand" their partnership with Ashfield and use them as the CSO. But in reality, we are using the old crew. I think it would have looked bad if we just used SP, that's why they went this route.

Shady Takedey

At first when I read this post I paid no attention to it. But if you look into these connections it's crazy. Lets see: Alan M, Robin P and a few others leave to start SP. A year before that, Takeda partners with a CSO company in the UK called Ashfield In2Focus (of course owned by Ashfield Health). Then SP gets bought out by Ashfield when SP has nothing to really offer.

So IMO, Takeda is going to announce that they are going to "expand" their partnership with Ashfield and use them as the CSO. But in reality, we are using the old crew. I think it would have looked bad if we just used SP, that's why they went this route.

Shady Takedey

The common theme is No Integrity! Stab ya in the back to make a buck!

Shady Takedey

Nice conspiracy theory, although Robin P had ZERO role in SP

What's the deal with this business arrangement? Will they be selling Dexilant? Also heard from several sources that there is a lawsuit decision this month for Dexilant, possibly going generic very soon?

Nice try, newspaper reporter boy...but you have struck out here.

Too bad you don't have info for a quote - it would be just like the rest of your media reports - inaccurate.

Shady Takedey

This is called critical thinking, something this company does not allow. You are spot on Allen remained on the board of directors while starting this venture ( WA WA WHAT?) Something stopped the process and they had to go to Ashville which will predominately contact physicians via web, it’s my guess that they are going this way because of the phenomenal success those lunch Web conferences have had in the past with reps doing as many as 40 in one quarter (HA HA HA HA HA) RIGHT!

This is called critical thinking, something this company does not allow. You are spot on Allen remained on the board of directors while starting this venture ( WA WA WHAT?) Something stopped the process and they had to go to Ashville which will predominately contact physicians via web, it’s my guess that they are going this way because of the phenomenal success those lunch Web conferences have had in the past with reps doing as many as 40 in one quarter (HA HA HA HA HA) RIGHT!

We need everyone in this room haha

First class move Allen!

Fox and all the other at SP found out the hard way that there is a big difference between "managing" a sales force selling pharma products and real sales where you're selling a sales model as a service. Fox, Allan etc had no sales skills and so SP collapsed under its own weight.

Sad thing is that all those SP folks who left jobs to follow Fox etc are now sitting at home. Forget about severance packages. They took a risk and lost.

Perhaps now it will become obvious that the likes of Fox, Allan and Rich are nothing special. It was all smoke and mirrors that worked at Takeda for a long time, but didn't fool anyone in the real world. I applaud them for taking the risk and trying something new, but they never had the skills to make it in real sales.

Fox and all the other at SP found out the hard way that there is a big difference between "managing" a sales force selling pharma products and real sales where you're selling a sales model as a service. Fox, Allan etc had no sales skills and so SP collapsed under its own weight.

Sad thing is that all those SP folks who left jobs to follow Fox etc are now sitting at home. Forget about severance packages. They took a risk and lost.

Perhaps now it will become obvious that the likes of Fox, Allan and Rich are nothing special. It was all smoke and mirrors that worked at Takeda for a long time, but didn't fool anyone in the real world. I applaud them for taking the risk and trying something new, but they never had the skills to make it in real sales.

They really are in love with themselves!

And who are you? Zig Zigler?

LOL..says the rep that's been in the field and "just a rep" for 15 years...LOL

And who are you? Zig Zigler?

LOL..says the rep that's been in the field and "just a rep" for 15 years...LOL

I love the irony on this board...the "manager" who posts about people being "just a rep". Ugh. If you had one iota about reality, it's that expansions haven't exactly opened the gates for promotions in this industry, the past 6 years - just so you know, there has been contracting of sales forces, not expansions. Also, who would truly want to be a leader in an industry that belittles reps (which you once where) behind their backs? There are many industries where leaders don't do this. So get off your high horse, just b/c you make "5-10k more" than your top rep in base, and grow a pair - since money and power are so important to you, know that in 15-20 years, you will for sure not have one, and no one will care "who you managed" -- and you better hope your wife didn't spend the other, b/c many of those "reps" you despise, will likely be sitting prettier than you. So, congrats, Mr. Manager!!!!