• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

The end of Abbvie. FDA unanimously backs Humira biosimiliar

<

End of AbbVie? You know they do market more than just Humira, right? Besides, all the government wants is to promote competition but that doesn't mean that doctors will feel comfortable prescribing it given Humira's stellar track record. Combined with patents and lack of full understanding of biosimilar impact on patients, I think Humira and AbbVie are here to stay for a while.

End of AbbVie? You know they do market more than just Humira, right? Besides, all the government wants is to promote competition but that doesn't mean that doctors will feel comfortable prescribing it given Humira's stellar track record. Combined with patents and lack of full understanding of biosimilar impact on patients, I think Humira and AbbVie are here to stay for a while.
Tell that to Managed Care - - - - hahahahahahahaha!

Who's going to pay Humira's astronomical prices???

Abbvie has a very strong pipeline. New drugs will evolve and go to market as Humira starts to fade, just give it all time, it will work out in the long term it always does.

Abbvie has a very strong pipeline. New drugs will evolve and go to market as Humira starts to fade, just give it all time, it will work out in the long term it always does.

What you mean is that AbbVie has or will purchase a strong pipeline. We DON'T research and develop drugs...we MARKET the sh** out of them!

I looks like you really know the business[sic],
  • Humira drives +60% of all revenue.
  • Both VPak & Imbruvica were launched to backfill 2017 Humira patent losses.
  • 1q16 VPak sales have tanked, q/q -25% global & -37% US >>>> not even close to $3B target run rate
  • 1q16 Imbruvica sales @ $381M with run rate of only $1.5B >>> not even close to $12B target run rate

so $15B targeted backfill Humira sales are only totaling $3B, 80% short of patent rolloff plan..........

No hay problema!!!

anonSPOOKY VPAK MOLE said:
  • 1q16 VPak sales have tanked, q/q -25% global & -37% US >>>> not even close to $3B target run rate
  • 1q16 Imbruvica sales @ $381M with run rate of only $1.5B >>> not even close to $12B target run rate
so $15B targeted backfill Humira sales are only totaling $3B, 80% short of patent rolloff plan..........

No hay problema!!!

No hay problema!!!

Why let the facts get in the way of a good Gomez BS job?? We are a marketing/BSing company...what is with all the math?!! ; )