The Deal Got New Life Today

<

I believe the OP is referring to the strong speculation that PS has secured more than enough votes to secure the meeting. We actually heard earlier in the day but AGN stock and late volume rose as a result.

I believe the OP is referring to the strong speculation that PS has secured more than enough votes to secure the meeting. We actually heard earlier in the day but AGN stock and late volume rose as a result.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ackman has the votes. Whether Valeant can make an offer that Allergan shareholders will want is something else.

Yep, but!... the one strong take-over protection that Allergan held on-to, was the one that won't let anyone who has committed a crime use their shares towards the 25% total. LOL

Try calling a vote, the case in California federal courts will keep 9% of those shares from being legitimate until the insider trading case is resolved. LOL

Another case of "hurry-up and wait!"... as time is not on Valeant's side.

IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MAY VOTES! THE JUDGE WILL NOT LET ASSMAN CONTINUE! THE MEETING WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!!! MARK MY WORDS!!!!!

Posts like this serve as a great reminder: On the Allergan Cafepharma board, there is no such thing as bad news. There is only news that has not been turned and twisted to your point of view or wishes.

Yep, but!... the one strong take-over protection that Allergan held on-to, was the one that won't let anyone who has committed a crime use their shares towards the 25% total. LOL

Try calling a vote, the case in California federal courts will keep 9% of those shares from being legitimate until the insider trading case is resolved. LOL

I rest my case.

Him having the votes was a given...he was supposed to have them by June.

So, that gives 10 days + court case + 120 days = two more quarterly earnings calls for valeant.

Cheers

Is anyone even sure if he can call the vote until the jury comes back...I don't think it's as simple as 9.7% don't count, I think him orchestrating the charade could make it null and void.

should be fun

Cramer says this has occurred because Valeant needs Allergan to get its stock to continue to rise, but Allergan has attacked its pursuer endlessly, which has made some investors stay away from Valeant. Cramer notes the chatter that Valeant could go higher if it walks away from Allergan. TheStreet's Herb Greenberg has repeatedly said Valeant needs to keep doing deals.

Cramer says Valeant has become a no man's land stock and he does not want to touch it. But if Allergan comes down to $140, then Cramer would buy it on earnings alone.

Cramer says this has occurred because Valeant needs Allergan to get its stock to continue to rise, but Allergan has attacked its pursuer endlessly, which has made some investors stay away from Valeant. Cramer notes the chatter that Valeant could go higher if it walks away from Allergan. TheStreet's Herb Greenberg has repeatedly said Valeant needs to keep doing deals.

Cramer says Valeant has become a no man's land stock and he does not want to touch it. But if Allergan comes down to $140, then Cramer would buy it on earnings alone.

This reads like a 4th grade book report. LOL. WTF does any of the above have to do with Ackman getting the votes or the court case? Cramer sez...Cramer sez...

troll and intern are getting a rise from this thread ... maybe they are delusional as proxies have not been submitted yet by assman .. allergan has not yet verified proxies ... judgement has not yet been delivered ... 4 month window has not yet started ...

nothing will happen till year ends as top guys will want to collect 14 bonuses

like someone said in other thread we heard intern saying deal was happening in april then may then june then july 4th then august now turkey day

All intern needs to do is flip on the TV, internet, stock ticker and he will get a better understanding of how quickly the tides are turning.

VRX about to pull out and head elsewhere. Just watch.

Valeant defended its strategy, saying in a statement, “While Valeant recognized, based on Allergan’s earlier rebuffs, that going directly to stockholders to change the Allergan board might be necessary, Valeant was not prepared in April to jump directly into a proxy contest without having exhausted every other avenue to pursue a negotiated transaction.”

But the problem with this strategy is that it relied on Allergan capitulating early. This did not happen, and now the parties are locked into a vicious battle over the actual calling of the special meeting, which is not likely to be held until December at best.

troll and intern are getting a rise from this thread ... maybe they are delusional as proxies have not been submitted yet by assman .. allergan has not yet verified proxies ... judgement has not yet been delivered ... 4 month window has not yet started ...

nothing will happen till year ends as top guys will want to collect 14 bonuses

like someone said in other thread we heard intern saying deal was happening in april then may then june then july 4th then august now turkey day

As usual, looks like you got trolled. You just can't resist. And let's not pretend like you were not the one that made that statement in the thread.

Do you have dinner on the table yet?