• Mon news: Novartis Kisqali breast cancer trial. ESMO news: Bayer, Bristol Myers, Regeneron and more. Biosecure Act fallout. Boston Scientific/Silk Road merger. See more on our front page

Takeda Ranked as Top 100 Chicago Workplace

Anonymous

DEERFIELD, Ill., Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. and Takeda Global Research & Development Center, Inc. today announced the Chicago Tribune has listed Takeda's Deerfield campus among Chicago's Top 100 Workplaces. The Chicago Tribune's Top Workplaces is a list of the best places to work in the Chicago area based on anonymous feedback from employees of participating companies. Takeda's Deerfield campus was ranked based on strong workplace values and ethics, competitive benefits package, extensive employee training opportunities, confidence in leadership and other positive workplace attributes.

"I'm proud that Takeda cares - not only about the patients we serve, but also about the people who work here," said Laurene Giagnorio, vice president of human resources and administration. "We are honored to be recognized as one of Chicago's Top Workplaces and will continue to foster an environment where people can do their best work."

In addition to offering challenging, rewarding work, Takeda supports teams at its Deerfield campus by providing a state-of-the-art work environment featuring natural-light-filled, environmentally friendly, LEED-certified offices. The Deerfield campus also features employee-friendly amenities including a professionally staffed indoor fitness center, outdoor walking and running trails, an award-winning onsite childcare center and an onsite cafeteria serving an international menu using fresh, locally sourced produce. Takeda helps people grow in their careers through tuition reimbursement, online learning opportunities, and leadership development, including regular, collaborative career discussions between managers and their teams. The company also supports its staff's families through flexible options including compressed workweeks, job-share programs and adoption assistance.

Takeda was also a recipient of the 2012 Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility. The Sloan Awards are part of When Work Works, a research-based initiative by the Chicago Chamber of Commerce designed to highlight how flexible workplaces can yield positive business results and help employees succeed at work and at home. Additionally in 2012, Takeda was named one of Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For(TM) in recognition of delivering exceptional human resources practices and an impressive commitment to their employees.

DEERFIELD, Ill., Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. and Takeda Global Research & Development Center, Inc. today announced the Chicago Tribune has listed Takeda's Deerfield campus among Chicago's Top 100 Workplaces. The Chicago Tribune's Top Workplaces is a list of the best places to work in the Chicago area based on anonymous feedback from employees of participating companies. Takeda's Deerfield campus was ranked based on strong workplace values and ethics, competitive benefits package, extensive employee training opportunities, confidence in leadership and other positive workplace attributes.

"I'm proud that Takeda cares - not only about the patients we serve, but also about the people who work here," said Laurene Giagnorio, vice president of human resources and administration. "We are honored to be recognized as one of Chicago's Top Workplaces and will continue to foster an environment where people can do their best work."

In addition to offering challenging, rewarding work, Takeda supports teams at its Deerfield campus by providing a state-of-the-art work environment featuring natural-light-filled, environmentally friendly, LEED-certified offices. The Deerfield campus also features employee-friendly amenities including a professionally staffed indoor fitness center, outdoor walking and running trails, an award-winning onsite childcare center and an onsite cafeteria serving an international menu using fresh, locally sourced produce. Takeda helps people grow in their careers through tuition reimbursement, online learning opportunities, and leadership development, including regular, collaborative career discussions between managers and their teams. The company also supports its staff's families through flexible options including compressed workweeks, job-share programs and adoption assistance.

Takeda was also a recipient of the 2012 Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility. The Sloan Awards are part of When Work Works, a research-based initiative by the Chicago Chamber of Commerce designed to highlight how flexible workplaces can yield positive business results and help employees succeed at work and at home. Additionally in 2012, Takeda was named one of Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For(TM) in recognition of delivering exceptional human resources practices and an impressive commitment to their employees.

Doesn't say much for this Chicago if this sh##hole company makes the top 100! You have to be kidding me.What a joke!!

I've worked for 7 of the Fortune 500. Takeda by far was the most unethical, was the most poorly managed, and had the sleaziest HR dept.

PS The Chicago Tribune also endorsed Obama twice

PSS There is no career or leadership development at Takeda none!

I've worked for 7 of the Fortune 500. Takeda by far was the most unethical, was the most poorly managed, and had the sleaziest HR dept.

PS The Chicago Tribune also endorsed Obama twice

PSS There is no career or leadership development at Takeda none!

It's PPS... PSS is "post script script", you fucking idiot. God I am surrounded by morons at this company.

If you're stupid and negative, please just don't say anything. Which means about 90% of these posts should disappear.

It's PPS... PSS is "post script script", you fucking idiot. God I am surrounded by morons at this company.

If you're stupid and negative, please just don't say anything. Which means about 90% of these posts should disappear.

Post Scriptum Scriptum = PSS
Both are correct, perhaps you are the idiot

Attention Chicago tribune:
There appears to be an date error in you nov. 13, 2012 article referencing Chicagos Top 100 Workplaces. The correct date of this article is Nov. 13, 2002. There is no possible way Takeda is within the top 100 as we all hate one another and foster hostile work environments. Thanks for your time. DC

I think this is just about the most hilarious thing I have ever heard. Takeda legacy hates tap and vice versa. We are all in fear of losing our jobs, being laid off or run out of the company. I'm thinking maybe this was just l list of the 100 largest employers in the Chicago area. God help us all. Thus place sucks to work at!!!

Hmmm, let me see. Here's a quote from the detail:

"They expect it! They are not cheap. They reward innovation. My VP of HR may steer me in a new direction but always says "YES" to change and smart ideas. ”

I suspect that this survey was not as unbiased as it should have been. Instead of HR lapdogs completing the survey, why not ask the rank and file? Even better, why not just send the Tribune the results of our all employee survey? You know, the one that says there is no trust in leadership and that no one would recommend Takeda as a place to work?

Here's the thing, Takeda pays great, has great benefits, and expects very little in return. It should be a great place to work. But then there is the lack of job security, the leadership failure, the lack of accountability, lack of pipeline and therefore lack of career. The best cafeteria and gym in the world can't make up for lack of products to actauly sell.

So here's a tip for the VP of HR ... get a real job in pharma sales or R&D at Takeda and add some value instead of wasting our resources on these stupid fucking workplace surveys. You are the problem.

dont get why people not happy with a company stay there -bad decision making by those employees- those people are the real problem -- idiots sneak through the door everyday at every company and proceed to complain from day one--perhaps they are waiting for the job to get easier and the pay to increase--bet their university sold them that dream -- SUCKERS

love it or leave it to make room for someone who will love to come in and be HAPPY in your place -- its not mandatory to work anywhere..