Symbicort first reps screwed

<

Actually I was thinking the Sym first reps were getting the better deal. But still the whole thing is a load of crap. Having "mirror" reps in a territory with different weighting on the same two products is about as idiotic as it gets. Kinda like the breo vs advair vs anoro problems gsk has.

Well the symbicort first reps just got screwed out of performance payout for q3, rankings, and the possibility of COE. Thanks AZ.

HQ source here, COE is and always has been a total lottery anyway. If you win, enjoy the trip but don't get an idea that you did anything special. People in HQ can't name 5 people winners.

COE is not even designed well enough to be rigged except in special cases like managed care where if you hang around long enough it is your turn to go. It is a pure lottery based on faulty forecasting, shared sales goals, and unreliable sales data.

Manipulated sales data. Confirmed by a competitor who had significantly different prescriber level data than what AZ feeds us. According to her data feed, our territory level NTB was being underreported by about 75%. Confirmed prescriber level data with a couple of my prescribers who pulled up EMR data and printed it out for me. Took it to DSM and CBD, and I was threatened with being fired for violating HIPPA. A few other reps took the same data to their DSM and the same CBD. All were threatened with being fired. A few left, and a few others were given 1's and 2's for underperformance. Until they clean house in the HR department, nothing will be done to clean house in sales leadership.

Manipulated sales data. Confirmed by a competitor who had significantly different prescriber level data than what AZ feeds us. According to her data feed, our territory level NTB was being underreported by about 75%. Confirmed prescriber level data with a couple of my prescribers who pulled up EMR data and printed it out for me. Took it to DSM and CBD, and I was threatened with being fired for violating HIPPA. A few other reps took the same data to their DSM and the same CBD. All were threatened with being fired. A few left, and a few others were given 1's and 2's for underperformance. Until they clean house in the HR department, nothing will be done to clean house in sales leadership.

Sounds like the New England area.

And you are just learning this now?

I left to go to a competitor a number of years ago. My doctors were writing the shit out of the products in my bag. So much so, the competition aggressively pursued me to join their ranks. When I finally made the leap, I realized that half of my sales data was missing at AZ. As my lifeloyal customers followed me, so did my success. The ironic thing of it all, the rep used to backfill me won COE the following year on declining market share and market volume.

We probably worked for the same CBD. Ha!

Actually I was thinking the Sym first reps were getting the better deal. But still the whole thing is a load of crap. Having "mirror" reps in a territory with different weighting on the same two products is about as idiotic as it gets. Kinda like the breo vs advair vs anoro problems gsk has.

Seems like if you stick around long enough, any model that has already been tried will be tried again once personnel/mgmt. is rotated.

Yes they need to clean house in the HR dept. but not for the reasons you state. They don't make hiring and firing decisions. They pick up their marching orders from management and then either find evidence or manufacture it to get rid of you. It is a simple formula. There is no justice, truth, and equality at AZ. It is strictly the favored vs. the non favored and it has nothing to do with your ability or performance. If you are female, minority, gay, handicapped, or of foreign nationality, then you are golden here.

Yes they need to clean house in the HR dept. but not for the reasons you state. They don't make hiring and firing decisions. They pick up their marching orders from management and then either find evidence or manufacture it to get rid of you. It is a simple formula. There is no justice, truth, and equality at AZ. It is strictly the favored vs. the non favored and it has nothing to do with your ability or performance. If you are female, minority, gay, handicapped, or of foreign nationality, then you are golden here.
Really?! I meet several of those descriptions and have higher ups constantly harass me. And yes I am a high performer. I have many friends that meet your golden category that have been eliminated in layoffs to be replaced by blue eyed white incompetents. So stuff it.

And you are just learning this now?

I left to go to a competitor a number of years ago. My doctors were writing the shit out of the products in my bag. So much so, the competition aggressively pursued me to join their ranks. When I finally made the leap, I realized that half of my sales data was missing at AZ. As my lifeloyal customers followed me, so did my success. The ironic thing of it all, the rep used to backfill me won COE the following year on declining market share and market volume.

We probably worked for the same CBD. Ha!