Summit Club & Prescriptions Goals-A Black Eye for Pharma in 2021

anonymous

How does Astellas create the most overwhelming strict Compliance guidelines for selling and still manage to associate goals and award trips to the job of a representative? These two don't mix and are not compatible with each other.

Has Astellas become tone deaf to what American society wants in 2021? We adopt diversity & inclusion practices and every other cancel culture initiative, but we keep goaling and award trips as the main part of our jobs. Really?

Seeing leadership excited about this only reminds me of how many people have lost their jobs and created turmoil because the numbers game didn't fall on their side.

Astellas is only willing to change its culture if everyone else does. We never lead, we only follow. Prescription goals and award trips in 2021 are an antiquated way to create new business and motivate individuals. This has become an innapropriate business practice in Healthcare. A serious discussion needs to occur.

<

How does Astellas create the most overwhelming strict Compliance guidelines for selling and still manage to associate goals and award trips to the job of a representative? These two don't mix and are not compatible with each other.

Has Astellas become tone deaf to what American society wants in 2021? We adopt diversity & inclusion practices and every other cancel culture initiative, but we keep goaling and award trips as the main part of our jobs. Really?

Seeing leadership excited about this only reminds me of how many people have lost their jobs and created turmoil because the numbers game didn't fall on their side.

Astellas is only willing to change its culture if everyone else does. We never lead, we only follow. Prescription goals and award trips in 2021 are an antiquated way to create new business and motivate individuals. This has become an innapropriate business practice in Healthcare. A serious discussion needs to occur.

it will never happen

60% over here 30% over there, 20% for this metric. It really is crazy.
Northbrook has a culture problem. How many Sr. Leadership members have jumped ship just for a few bucks to sell against us. Northbrook is full of money hungry deceitful people. Its been like this for years.

The bald guy with the plastic smile is in charge now. He's so Old Skool he may bring back the 3 piece suit as mandatory field attire with a fedora. We need a change in philosophy. This wash rinse repeat thing is not working. It is disgusting to see leadership get all giddy about goaling.

Agreed. If poster doesn't want to be held accountable to a goal, it/her/he should find a job without 'sales' in the title and description.

You think what we do is sales? We can’t even talk about the competition. We are disease state representatives that offer resources. Compliance has ruined any type of sales that we do. We can’t even discuss features and benefits. So you sir are an idiot.

WE NEED CHANGE!

You think what we do is sales? We can’t even talk about the competition. We are disease state representatives that offer resources. Compliance has ruined any type of sales that we do. We can’t even discuss features and benefits. So you sir are an idiot.

WE NEED CHANGE!
Speak for yourself. I sell. Office tells me they want Chili's for lunch. BOOM! I hit them with "have you tried the Fiesta Lime Chicken and Garlicky Green Beans from Applebee's?" SCORE. I sold them to get what I want plus some To-GoSlaw. WINNING!

Agree we cant be compliance compliance compliance and then hardcore sales.Reached a breaking point here. The moment goals came out we quit talking about the patient.Now we focus on weekly numbers full time

Agree we cant be compliance compliance compliance and then hardcore sales.Reached a breaking point here. The moment goals came out we quit talking about the patient.Now we focus on weekly numbers full time
What about the reps who are being discriminated against by doctors who won’t write their drug because they are racist? Numbers are racist.

Best advice I received from a friend who left was to disable the microphone on both ipad and company iphone, and to tape over lens. She also said don't worry about turning off location tracking in those devices because you still can't turn it off on the cars.

Best advice I received from a friend who left was to disable the microphone on both ipad and company iphone, and to tape over lens. She also said don't worry about turning off location tracking in those devices because you still can't turn it off on the cars.
I had several times my manager parroted exactly something I had said, down to the quirky expression I used and I had my phone and iPad right there. I would have chalked it up to a coincidence, but it happened on multiple occasions.