Steve Jobs and Apple shares

Anonymous

I just read an ad that claimed Steve Jobs vowed to "spend his last breath and every penny of Apple's $40 billion cash pile to right this wrong."

Anyone else notice something?

Apple's cash pile was not Jobs' money to spend. He sold his company to the public and remained on board as an employee of Apple, not the owner, any more than any other shareholder. His decision as to where the cash should be spent is limited to his votes as a shareholder.

I mention this here because Jobs' attitude is shared by many executive shareholder employees. We need to return voice to the company owners! It has been hijacked by irresponsible corporate executives, and the pharma industry is full of them. Step 1 in fixing the industry is fixing this basic arrangement; if it were this way now, the company wouldn't be having the problems it is having.

We're talking about AZ here...land of the lost. There is NO ONE competent AT ALL in any leadership capacity.

Sorry, but AZ is headed down the toilet faster than diarrhea in a turbo flush style super toilet.

given the returns they've had over the last 10yrs I doubt there'd be many share holders who would question any of Steve Job's actions......the same can't really be said of AZ share holders questioning the actions of AZ's CEO

given the returns they've had over the last 10yrs I doubt there'd be many share holders who would question any of Steve Job's actions......the same can't really be said of AZ share holders questioning the actions of AZ's CEO

True but that doesn't give him the right. He is a steward of the shareholders' money. If not for the shareholders' money, the company wouldn't have followed the same course because the shareholders' money made it possible. So it is suddenly Steve Jobs' money, since he was successful?

steve jobs innovated

az forgot how

that's why one stock is up 25x from 10 years ago and the other is negative

AZ can't find its way. it's a dead company waiting for a merger partner. Expect it soon.... the CEO will leave, start up a new gig or go into politics

either way they are crooks

True but that doesn't give him the right. He is a steward of the shareholders' money. If not for the shareholders' money, the company wouldn't have followed the same course because the shareholders' money made it possible. So it is suddenly Steve Jobs' money, since he was successful?

no it's not his money but he's earned the trust of the share holders by giving them massive returns over the the last 10 to 15yrs. If his decision is to use Apple's resources to protect Apple's IP then maybe he's earned the trust of the share holders to do that since his decisions have been proved right over a long period of time.

no it's not his money but he's earned the trust of the share holders by giving them massive returns over the the last 10 to 15yrs. If his decision is to use Apple's resources to protect Apple's IP then maybe he's earned the trust of the share holders to do that since his decisions have been proved right over a long period of time.

Says you.

I say he has no right to "spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion cash pile." The analogy is that pharma management shares the arrogance he showed. When Steve Jobs sold his company to the public, the shareholders became his new bosses.

Says you.

I say he has no right to "spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion cash pile." The analogy is that pharma management shares the arrogance he showed. When Steve Jobs sold his company to the public, the shareholders became his new bosses.

and if the share holders didn't like what he was doing at any time they could vote him out or sell their shares. They kept getting huge returns so they were happy to keep him in place. There's no analogy to AZ's leadership, AZ's leadership have not created any growth in a decade.