• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Starting salary, sales

Anonymous

I was recently offered a sales position with AbbVie at $86000. Is this normal? How much can i expect it to increase each year? What have other people been started at?

<

I was recently offered a sales position with AbbVie at $86000. Is this normal? How much can i expect it to increase each year? What have other people been started at?

Actually that's a little low for HCV division. I told them I needed at least the mid 90's to switch over from Novartis and I got it!

If your lucky and get an exceeds performance review your lucky to get a 1.5 % increase. Negotiate the best possible salary upfront. A meets performance review gets a 0.0% raise around here!