• Mon news: Takeda layoffs. Novo’s semaglutide cardiovascular win. Roche’s Vabysmo in DME. Gilead/Merck HIV combo. Supernus quick-acting depression med. See more on our front page

Stability and Great Base

Anonymous

I remember all my pharma friends flocking to AZ because of the great base and stability. I remember how happy they were. For the past three years all I ever heard was how great the stability and growth was at AZ. I could not believe it, but after watching the stock go from $34 to $65, I said wow they were all right. Imagine my surprise when I picked up the Wall Street Journal today. I have to thank AZ because after I passed the assessment to try to get a job at AZ. I got an email that a manager would call me. I never got a call from any manager, so I decided to go back to school and get my Master's. If AZ would have called me back I'd be screwed right now.

Thank you AZ.

Wow so why do mangers do that? Seen it happen several times over.

Ego and by the time they become a manager they have so many friends in the industry that they save positions for them. That is why it is so hard to get into pharma. They would rather work with people they know instead of hiring hard workers. No other industry operates that way. My manager kept a spot vacant for 10 months, he got promoted and the position stayed open for another year.

Maybe because the manager knew this would happen;

"AstraZeneca’s chief executive, Pascal Soriot, should not take too much comfort. His shareholders are expecting a deal. The company’s share price can be seen as pricing in a 75 percent chance of a deal happening at 52 pounds a share, adjusting for the time value of money. Investors seem to want Mr. Soriot to use his tactical advantage to extract a good price rather than preserve a standalone AstraZeneca stuck at its pre-deal value." NYtimes.com

Maybe because the manager knew this would happen;

"AstraZeneca’s chief executive, Pascal Soriot, should not take too much comfort. His shareholders are expecting a deal. The company’s share price can be seen as pricing in a 75 percent chance of a deal happening at 52 pounds a share, adjusting for the time value of money. Investors seem to want Mr. Soriot to use his tactical advantage to extract a good price rather than preserve a standalone AstraZeneca stuck at its pre-deal value." NYtimes.com

Well they should sell now then.they will get exactly the same value, as the offer does not include premium on stock price, and they would get cash instead of Pfizer shares which are unlikely to go up after the deal for at least one year...