• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

Spine District Manager - What Does Yours Do?

<

Mine's pretty bad too.
I'm not sure they are all worthless though but all look to be ineffective.
They are just middlemen between the real work being done and the RSMs they report to and seem to have zero influence either way.

His/her only real job is to hire talent, manage performance, report that performance, and unhire if performance is below standard. Do you want them to come give you a hug and tell you how great you are and that you are really important?

His/her only real job is to hire talent, manage performance, report that performance, and unhire if performance is below standard. Do you want them to come give you a hug and tell you how great you are and that you are really important?

Must be a tough life. I wonder what their perception of below standard performance is...anything less than 500% to quota?

Expect some changes in q4-q1 if a few don't turn it around. Specifically, managers who are well thought of from other businesses have been thrown in unfairly and expected to change quickly. We don't expect these managers to be cut but to be moved back to more familiar markets.

Fancy dinners, a few calls, the we need more business meetings and a lot of pretending to be busy. Oh! I almost forgot, being deaf to the needs of the district and key accounts. This all must be in the job description...

Fancy dinners, a few calls, the we need more business meetings and a lot of pretending to be busy. Oh! I almost forgot, being deaf to the needs of the district and key accounts. This all must be in the job description...
I see in the paper that Midol is 20% off at Walmart. Suggest you pick some up and take a couple.

Mine is really good at checking on his rental properties and not helping me when I need. He also excels at turning over reps and letting random people know how long he has been a manager.

Mine is really good at checking on his rental properties and not helping me when I need. He also excels at turning over reps and letting random people know how long he has been a manager.

It's funny, but they think Medtronic sells itself so they don't get their numbers up and fire and re-hire. The surgeons get pissed and then wonder why they have a new rep or CS in their room. Medtronic isn't what it was and getting in the trenches is what needs to happen to support the company and clients.