• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

Spending time at Merck as a drug rep is ultimately a big waste of time

Anonymous

Such desperation to hold on to such a crappy job....no dignity, or respect yet people still cling to it because of the money...(which is temporary because they ultimately try or successfully force older reps out.)

As bad as things are out there, you really aren't too smart if you stay at Merck. Some people can play the game and not let it bug them, but anyone with any decency and ethics, ultimately goes nuts trying to keep the CTLs happy...

What a waste of friggin' time...Wish I had woken up years ago....

<

Such desperation to hold on to such a crappy job....no dignity, or respect yet people still cling to it because of the money...(which is temporary because they ultimately try or successfully force older reps out.)

As bad as things are out there, you really aren't too smart if you stay at Merck. Some people can play the game and not let it bug them, but anyone with any decency and ethics, ultimately goes nuts trying to keep the CTLs happy...

Me too- If I could only have my wasted time back- I could have been advancing my career in another industry.

You're full of shit! If you work for anyone other than yourself then you are trading your time for their money! Right now Merck still pays awfully well with salary and benefits for your time compared to anyone else in the industry..now as bright as you are you could be a CEO, work on Wall Street, or a powerful attorney..get after it hero but stop denigrating everyone elses effort and salary with your stupid posts...you certainly are wasting Mercks money and time if you think so!

Could not agree with you more. A waste of time and talent.

I actually have enjoyed working at Merck, on the whole, for the last 20 years. Reading these "dignity gone, integrity shot, feeling sorry for my career mistake" has me thinking that some people need to get into some counseling stat to learn how to cope with having a job and collecting a paycheck.

I actually have enjoyed working at Merck, on the whole, for the last 20 years. Reading these "dignity gone, integrity shot, feeling sorry for my career mistake" has me thinking that some people need to get into some counseling stat to learn how to cope with having a job and collecting a paycheck.

Clearly delusional and quite possibly sociopathic.

Thank you for your inane comment, Mr. DCO or CTL. Asshole.

And you need a heaping dose of reality. Then, follow up with some anti-anxiety meds once the reality that you are in a dead end career sets in. Maybe I do need counseling to keep this job, as it is hands down the worst job I've ever had and it is killing me.

And you need a heaping dose of reality. Then, follow up with some anti-anxiety meds once the reality that you are in a dead end career sets in. Maybe I do need counseling to keep this job, as it is hands down the worst job I've ever had and it is killing me.
Too bad Merck doesn't make a good anti-anxylytic...they should hand Xanax out like candy here...

this is not even a dead end career anymore...it is a dead end job with constant pressure to quit or get forced out.

You are a masochist?

Too bad Merck doesn't make a good anti-anxylytic...they should hand Xanax out like candy here...

this is not even a dead end career anymore...it is a dead end job with constant pressure to quit or get forced out.

I like the way you think! Xanax scripts all around. Hell, it should be automatic on your first day in the field. That is probably the only way I could do this job for another year.

The subject line should be changed to: Spending time at Pharma Industry as a drug rep is ultimately a big waste of time.

Go to any forum on this board and you will see reps bitchin' at each other for precisely the same reasons. Its uncanny. The industry is dead.

Luv spending time on CP...hate standing inside a closet (refurbished bathroom) for 40 min. to get my little pad signed while looking at old biz cards of laid off reps in sample bins of now generic products..Half Day Friday tomorrow!