• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Song of the Year: "Where do all the RIF'ed ones go?"

<

It is freaking glorious. Not having to listen to the executive pitches or answer to D/ED dolts is almost the best of it - tied closely with being able to work elsewhere, where (if you choose carefully amongst the many available options), you can be yourself.

It is freaking glorious. Not having to listen to the executive pitches or answer to D/ED dolts is almost the best of it - tied closely with being able to work elsewhere, where (if you choose carefully amongst the many available options), you can be yourself.

You mean you can't be yourself at Amgen? They don't value individuality? Oh maybe that's why I can't remember what I like anymore, have low self-esteem, severe anxiety and constantly dodge one bullet after another every freaking day here !

You mean you can't be yourself at Amgen? They don't value individuality? Oh maybe that's why I can't remember what I like anymore, have low self-esteem, severe anxiety and constantly dodge one bullet after another every freaking day here !

Drink alcoholic beverages excessively - weeknights and weekends. It helps.

When will they ever learn....when will the ever learn?

They did learn the lesson. They stopped the insanity and got off the merrygoround from hell. Sometimes you have to walk away with dignity, cut your losses and leave the insanity. At least you have your self respect and you can pray for the pitiful cruds of humanity that made your life a living hell.

They did learn the lesson. They stopped the insanity and got off the merrygoround from hell. Sometimes you have to walk away with dignity, cut your losses and leave the insanity. At least you have your self respect and you can pray for the pitiful cruds of humanity that made your life a living hell.

I stopped the insanity, took the VTP and retired...haha..life is great...

I am a RIF and check in to hopefully see that things have gotten better for many of the dear people I left behind. Are RIF's still ongoing?
Gosh, I miss my benefit package and some of the perks but they came at such a high price....my life was not my own and now it is. Sometimes you just have to let it all go. I am so glad I did. I hope it all works out for everyone there.
Good Luck

I am a RIF and check in to hopefully see that things have gotten better for many of the dear people I left behind. Are RIF's still ongoing?
Gosh, I miss my benefit package and some of the perks but they came at such a high price....my life was not my own and now it is. Sometimes you just have to let it all go. I am so glad I did. I hope it all works out for everyone there.
Good Luck

Life is SPECTACULAR after Amgen ! Sometimes you don't realize how miserable you are until you move on. I signed on this morning to see how CV division doing. Instead, I see so many gossipy, childish rants. I agree with the majority of the posts. Life at Amgen can be so unfair & so much slime has managed to spread throughout the company including the highest positions where the people in charge are so dysfunctional, dumb as a stump and their decisions make your life a living hell.
Always keep in mind, "there's a world outside of Amgen and oh it is so much better".

Life is better after you retire or when you make a change of your own choosing. Nonetheless, there's no reason getting all knotted-up over what "may be" when whatever happens is out of your hands.

From my perspective, they didn't act any differently than any other PCP sales org. Forget the biologic sales pitch and accept the fact, you're going to be micromanaged. They have nothing else to do and it's by design to cull the herd. When it ends, voluntarily or not, you're no worse-off (or better) than those that already moved on. Except maybe you've got a few extra bucks in the bank. Now, that doesn't include those who left (or could have left) for better situations but those opportunities are far and few between.

If you can find a place where you are selected by management, instead of inherited, you're almost always going to be happier. Micromanagers are rarely satisfied with reps already in place. In fact, a micromanager dreams of adopting a team he can pick apart. It's orgasmic for the insecure, immature, and petty. Managers at all levels are more incestuous than talented, more ego than humility, and more psychopathy than compassion. Somehow they just can't over themselves, their title, and the BS spread on them to make them feel better about doing the troll work.

Just like the eager-beaver rep, at every opportunity looking for attention believes he's the next in line for DM, overzealous DM's are sold on the notion they are the next RSD in line. It's the carrot on a stick trick. However, HR runs it all based on corporate goals unknown to the field. No one (in sales) can do anything, except micromanage, without HR's blessing. Rules and pie-in-the-sky career pathways are only designed for those they don't intend to promote. If you're in the plan, they'll let you know before anything is even posted.

Just let it happen, don't worry about it. It does you no good. Above all else, don't let an anal retentive micromanager control your happiness or your family's life. They, or no one else, is worth it. Believe me, I had to leave to learn.