• Thurs news: Moderna targets $1.1B in R&D spending cuts. Gene therapy startup emerges. J&J leads $50M financing for imaging company. Sanofi gets into radioligands. GSK’s mRNA flu vax trial. See more on our front page

So did that email today mean layoffs?

new to Lilly and was wondering if that finely crafted email meant layoffs?

Thoughts?

Most if not all people on here don’t know a thing. What is the hidden meaning was in that well-timed Friday morning email? I don’t know. Despite the careful wording “non sales force” you can’t help but wonder about layoffs, especially since they “haven’t worked out all the details” yet. They’ll be making changes to how we market to HCPs... Omnichannel? That could include restructuring sales force. Get those resumes updated just in case!

What idiot wouldn’t think that layoffs are around the block.? They don’t need two and three of us calling on the same customers with the same drugs. And this diversity crap, WTF is up with that? Non of my other friends with other companies are doing the crap that we have had to do. Who wants to work for this shitty company. You have some real problems if you think that you are making impact at home. All we are is a robot for 1/2 the day and a paperweight for the other half.

So I am concerned that in my world there are three Lilly reps for one BI rep..also have no clue when I can go out into the field....all spells reduction in numbers pure and simple....hope I survive but already looking in and outside of pharma...and looking bleak so far.

Corporate is on it. Combination of the COVID/post covid environment plus shifting portfolio. They’ve done this a few time now in the past 10 years. The message was clear. Don’t be naive and be blind sided.

Get resumes out before companies get flooded with Lilly lay-off resumes.

Good luck everyone!

So I am concerned that in my world there are three Lilly reps for one BI rep..also have no clue when I can go out into the field....all spells reduction in numbers pure and simple....hope I survive but already looking in and outside of pharma...and looking bleak so far.
You should be concerned. DBU massively over populated. Get ready for cuts there