• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Shortages and outages for Mounjaro and Zepbound

anonymous

It seems so unethical to continue to ask HCPs to start more and more new patients when we can’t keep up the supply for the people we have on these meds. Why did Lilly learn nothing from Novo and launching Mounjaro? I am so pissed at leadership saying “we don’t expect outages” and then we are hit with them in the first damn quarter. “Unprecedented demand?” No shit. I don’t promote these drugs - I just try to put out fires. But it’s a windy day and the fire has ignited the whole damn forest and I have a cup of water.

Pharmacies can’t get multiple strengths, patients are scrambling, Lilly looks like the asshole here. You know what is easy to get? The compounds. Between the Change Healthcare debacle and now these shortages/outages, I don’t blame doctors one bit for wanting to wait to start patients and I will have a hard time asking them to do anything different than holding off.

<

This company has straight lied to us about supply and telling us to tell prescribers & staff their intentional lie.

I do not trust anything that I’m told by any goofy ass kid manager or upper management.

Offices DO NOT trust this company

This company has straight lied to us about supply and telling us to tell prescribers & staff their intentional lie.

I do not trust anything that I’m told by any goofy ass kid manager or upper management.

Offices DO NOT trust this company

Why not just give them stock shares? It will ease any pangs of consciousness. Look at what it does for our CEOs. They‘ll throw anyone under the bus ride from Carmel for the sake of their options values.

How can this company be so stupid? We literally saw the shortages Novo faced and knew this was going to be in huge demand and we literally cant make it 4 months post launch without shortages. No pharmacy within a 50mi radius of my territory has a single dose in stock. RIDICULOUS

Why not just give them stock shares? It will ease any pangs of consciousness. Look at what it does for our CEOs. They‘ll throw anyone under the bus ride from Carmel for the sake of their options values.
So true. No longer worker for this company, but people always ask me how great it is doing because of the share price, blah, blah, blah.

Remember, when you sell your soul to the devil, it is for life.

How can this company be so stupid? We literally saw the shortages Novo faced and knew this was going to be in huge demand and we literally cant make it 4 months post launch without shortages. No pharmacy within a 50mi radius of my territory has a single dose in stock. RIDICULOUS

Same here. Cannot find Zepbound in my territory.

And we just got an email telling us to ask for new starts and by the end of April they’ll be able to get their next dose.

This company is shady AF.

Don’t get me started on them doubling out goals with important doses on the fda shortage list & other dudes in very limited supply (not even available in my territory)

How in TF are we supposed to grow by almost 3 times what we did in Q1 when the supply they will release in about 30 days barely matches what has already been prescribed?

This company is wild AF

Seems very unethical to tell us to ask for new start patients when there will be a supply problem the rest of the year and in to next year too.

Is there a need for obesity spec reps?
DBU selling ZP too. All Spec forces selling ZP.
Why not cut obesity spec now that they’ve launched the drug? That may have been Lilly’s plan all along.

Wont need Obesity Spec to launch the CV indication next year. They can just have the diabetes spec reps launch it to the CDs & DBU launch it to PC.

This is one crazy ass company with no foresight.

How in TF are we supposed to grow by almost 3 times what we did in Q1 when the supply they will release in about 30 days barely matches what has already been prescribed?

This company is wild AF

Seems very unethical to tell us to ask for new start patients when there will be a supply problem the rest of the year and in to next year too.

Why not cut obesity spec now that they’ve launched the drug? That may have been Lilly’s plan all along.

Wont need Obesity Spec to launch the CV indication next year. They can just have the diabetes spec reps launch it to the CDs & DBU launch it to PC.

There is no guarantee that there will even be a CV indication so don't hedge your bets there. Even the NIH meta only shows safety, but no difference from standard of care groups. If there is, there really isn't a need for a 'launch' since providers will understand it. Lilly is going all in on telemed and DTC, so be warned!

This company is wild AF

First of all, Fuck you, you worthless piece of psychotic shit. Suggesting Lilly lay off an entire sales force is about the most selfish, insane, and disgusting a comment you can make.
Secondly, what Lilly doesn’t need is 3 PC1/2 reps running around selling Mounjaro/Zep/Trulicity, so if any division should be “streamlined” it’s the over-inflated PC division.

I work for another pharma co so I understand your frustration as a rep! But personally as also a patient on one of these drugs, I have to say it’s a miracle product and a damn shame the company can’t provide for demand. I imagine it’s more so the devices that are the problem vs to drug. I resorted to using compounded product to stay on therapy without interruption. I was very skeptical but so far, the same results with the compounded product and it’s no stress or hassle in securing doses. Compounded will continue to be my back up plan and when I can get Brand, I will always opt for that. Great product that I’m very thankful for.

I work for another pharma co so I understand your frustration as a rep! But personally as also a patient on one of these drugs, I have to say it’s a miracle product and a damn shame the company can’t provide for demand. I imagine it’s more so the devices that are the problem vs to drug. I resorted to using compounded products to stay on therapy without interruption. I was very skeptical but so far, the same results with the compounded product and there’s no stress or hassle in securing doses. Compounded will continue to be my backup plan and when I can get Brand, I will always opt for that. Great product that I’m very thankful for.

The post above sounds fake.

1. If you are a pharmaceutical representative there is a high probability that you are extremely lazy and never worked a day in your life.

2. If you are taking one of these drugs to lose weight, then that would confirm that you are a lazy fucker.

If you were able to put on excess weight, then you can lose it without needing this company's bullshit drugs.

AI won't paraphrase derogatory, yet truthful, remarks. Our society has become too soft. I knew something was wrong once bullying became a big thing. This country is so fucked.

1. If you are a pharmaceutical representative there is a high probability that you are extremely lazy and never worked a day in your life.

2. If you are taking one of these drugs to lose weight, then that would confirm that you are a lazy fucker.

If you were able to put on excess weight, then you can lose it without needing this company's bullshit drugs.

AI won't paraphrase derogatory, yet truthful, remarks. Our society has become too soft. I knew something was wrong once bullying became a big thing. This country is so fucked.
And so are you… what a loser.

And so are you… what a loser.

Fact: I've lost track of my wins today. There were too many to keep track of, and I might realize a couple more before this night is over.

On any given day I will likely take 10k steps or more before you wake up, and most people will at least double the number of hours you work in a week.

You are the fucking losers.

1. TOP of the co and guaranteed I would run circles around you.
2. You are a douche bag and I’m sure single and miserable. No friends, unhappy with yourself for obvious reasons.
3. You are an idiot with an IQ of less than your avg goal attainment obviously.
4. Lol thanks for the humor and showing your total lack of class.

Fact: I've lost track of my wins today. There were too many to keep track of, and I might realize a couple more before this night is over.

On any given day I will likely take 10k steps or more before you wake up, and most people will at least double the number of hours you work in a week.

Let’s have some fun with this idiot. Pretty much guaranteed that most bonus/comm, including mine is larger than this pricks salary and my kids pet goldfish is longer than his prick that he has an inflated value of. Or is he a they?

He's right.

He's right.

This company is wild AF

So, if there's anyone else who thinks obesity spec is about to see some big changes pay close attention this week. Theres about to be another pretty big shakeup.

That's all I'm saying.

So, if there's anyone else who thinks obesity spec is about to see some big changes pay close attention this week. Theres about to be another pretty big shakeup.

That's all I'm saying.

Just think of Dave’s bonus when he cuts the expense of a sales force with a drug that sales itself.
PC 1 & 2 can give out the formulary updates & supply updates just like they do Mounjaro

Just no need for so many reps. Lilly does not care about the reps.
Look how many times they have lied over the past year alone