• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

Separation Costs noted annual stock report

anonymous

Has everyone seen this? All the millions being spent by December 31, 2017, will be to pay out packages for all the layoffs coming in 2017. What groups will be cut? Is Hospital sales affected?

<

Has everyone seen this? All the millions being spent by December 31, 2017, will be to pay out packages for all the layoffs coming in 2017. What groups will be cut? Is Hospital sales affected?

Thanks for putting a spotlight on this for all the people who still have their heads in the sand. Maybe we should all confront our respective managers about this then circle back to this post and compare responses.

Thanks for putting a spotlight on this for all the people who still have their heads in the sand. Maybe we should all confront our respective managers about this then circle back to this post and compare responses.

I'm in U.S. field sales. My manager says this information in the stock report is referencing other departments, not field sales. Hope this helps.

What manager would even know at this point and/or tell?? We have to realistic sales people, if this were our business, would you pay yourself to sell Belsomra and respiratory products that do not even cover basic expenses? What household budget can operate like that. Don't put your head in the sand, be prepared for ANYTHING!!. I do not have ANY inside information but don't be shocked with a downsizing.

It not reps. I am not writing that it shouldn't be. They are doing a reorganization in NJ related to R&D. I know people are going to write that Kenilworth and Rahway can't be moved because of the recent investments and the one site is so toxic that it can't close it down. That's CAPX. Not a big deal. RP like Cali. Boston is just there.

It not reps. I am not writing that it shouldn't be. They are doing a reorganization in NJ related to R&D. I know people are going to write that Kenilworth and Rahway can't be moved because of the recent investments and the one site is so toxic that it can't close it down. That's CAPX. Not a big deal. RP like Cali. Boston is just there.

The cuts I know of in NJ, specifically Rahway, are driven by lack of natural attrition numbers and they need to meet a headcount goal. I don't think that is part of the numbers indicated in the company report, but maybe. The NJ MRL reorganization the other year was indeed major, and if you believe what senior leadership tells you, there is no expected cuts in the near term until SSF opens. Don't be dumb and think NJ is out of the woods though. Expect changes in job functions, because research is going to the coasts leaving NJ/PA to be MRL support staff and process chemistry. I personally think RP and KF are currently setting up the company for new leaders since their tenure is coming to an end soon.

The cuts I know of in NJ, specifically Rahway, are driven by lack of natural attrition numbers and they need to meet a headcount goal. I don't think that is part of the numbers indicated in the company report, but maybe. The NJ MRL reorganization the other year was indeed major, and if you believe what senior leadership tells you, there is no expected cuts in the near term until SSF opens. Don't be dumb and think NJ is out of the woods though. Expect changes in job functions, because research is going to the coasts leaving NJ/PA to be MRL support staff and process chemistry. I personally think RP and KF are currently setting up the company for new leaders since their tenure is coming to an end soon.

you're another merck stupid fuck if you believe that candy ass

The major downsizing is in play and way overdue. Cut cut cut and raise my returns. These slugs don't matter!

You folks are completely fucking retarded if you think : A) your manager knows anything and B) They would tell you if they did. Come on people just behave like compelete morons.

If you think that things will just remain the same in spite of Belsomara number failing to meet plan ,multiple years and Januvia facing the end of its product life cycle then you deserve what you get