• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

Senior account manager in retina division

<

Any thoughts on this position and division??

Ok, here's the scoop. Allergan Eyecare just laid off 1/4 of its sales team. Retina is a bit different and separate, BUT , they don't have a decent drug to sell. Not sure R & D is going to produce anything because Allergan is now the Botox company. Nothing much going into Eyecare. Extreme travel. No work-life balance at all.
Morale is low
Culture is worse
I would not leave a job to come on board. If you are unemployed with no other possibilities you might consider it as a temporary position.
The watch out is this-it is not a stepping stone to other pharma positions or specialties. No one wants or cares about Eyecare experience. It's not a career advancer in general. It may have been for a few people, but not overall.
If you go back on this site you will see this same information over and over again.
I really hate saying this about a company I used to love, but it's true.
It starts at the top-and since Julian Gangoli took over Allergan has nose dived.
Find something that will be beneficial to you and your future. Find somewhere with a positive work environment.

This person has no idea about the Retina division. Things could not be any better at this time. This is the place that most people in the organization would like to be. Before you go posting BS…get you facts straight!

This person has no idea about the Retina division. Things could not be any better at this time. This is the place that most people in the organization would like to be. Before you go posting BS…get you facts straight!

Well, if retina is the place to be we are all screwed. Tell us about the fantastic drugs we have and how many retina docs are using? And then tell us about how great the pipeline is, coolaid drinker! This is the botox company and everyone knows it!

The ap is correct and has given a true assessment of the situation.