• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Send Shire's Neuroscience Division Packing

Anonymous

http://shire.com/shireplc/en/investors/investorsnews/irshirenews?id=990

Vyvanse was going to hang it's hat on this head to head study versus it's #1 competitor Concerta and it did not separate at all in the dose optimization phase. If I was you guys I would send this division packing ASAP since Vyvanse has been out 7 years and all you would have to do is send out coupons and market online and bring in $1.5 billion a year. The salesforce was looking forward to this data and now they are left with the same studies they have had for 7 years.

Would your leadership be smart ot see this?

<

Vyvanse was going to hang it's hat on this head to head study versus it's #1 competitor Concerta and it did not separate at all in the dose optimization phase. If I was you guys I would send this division packing ASAP since Vyvanse has been out 7 years and all you would have to do is send out coupons and market online and bring in $1.5 billion a year. The salesforce was looking forward to this data and now they are left with the same studies they have had for 7 years.

In SPD489-406, the forced-dose titration study, Vyvanse was found to be statistically superior to Concerta on the primary efficacy analysis (p = 0.0013) with mean reductions on the ADHD RS-IV total score of 25.4 and 22.1 points, respectively. In SPD489-405, the dose optimization study, neither Vyvanse nor Concerta was found to be statistically superior to the other on the primary efficacy analysis (p = 0.0717), with a larger mean improvement found for Vyvanse than Concerta (mean reductions on the ADHD-RS-IV total score of 25.6 and 23.5 points, respectively). The primary efficacy endpoint for both studies was defined as the change from baseline in ADHD-RS-IV total score at Week 6 and Week 8, respectively.

Ummm, Shire sales person here...I'm not sure what the OP is talking about, but the sales force never thought this was going to be an important study to hang our hats on. It was considered nice to have, but not a game changer.

Ummm, Shire sales person here...I'm not sure what the OP is talking about, but the sales force never thought this was going to be an important study to hang our hats on. It was considered nice to have, but not a game changer.

No one knows what the OP is talking about, including them. Sounds like the same troll posting on the Shire CP board about the H2H data in hopes to keep their job after the merger.

"If I was you guys, I would send this division packing ASAP"/.////... lol...idiot.

Good luck pal.

If anyone has job security with this merger it's the NBU sales force. Abbvie has zero experience with ADHD and zero relationships with the peds and psychs when it comes to ADHD. We continue to drive Vyvanse sales in a generic market and a product that has been our for over 7 years, we have to product launches next year that will take our franchise above $3 billion. Yep, OP is right, send us packing bring in a new inexperienced sales force and watch it implode.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Seriously, how many Metabolics reps do you currently have and what justification do you have for this?

If anyone has job security with this merger it's the NBU sales force. Abbvie has zero experience with ADHD and zero relationships with the peds and psychs when it comes to ADHD. We continue to drive Vyvanse sales in a generic market and a product that has been our for over 7 years, we have to product launches next year that will take our franchise above $3 billion. Yep, OP is right, send us packing bring in a new inexperienced sales force and watch it implode.

NONSENSE! What about Cylert! We actually had that TWICE! We know all about ADHD. Or ADD. Or ADD-H, or whatever it is called now. We can sell circles around you while you are trying to figure out how to submit an expense report and complete the call reports and LERN modules...

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Seriously, how many Metabolics reps do you currently have and what justification do you have for this?

Androgel scripts down ANOTHER 20% in the last quarter and the "trend is expected to continue"

How the hell does this sinkhole stay afloat? What is wrong with the boys on top when they continue to overfund this dying pos with far too many reps?
Curious stockholders want to know.

Androgel scripts down ANOTHER 20% in the last quarter and the "trend is expected to continue"

How the hell does this sinkhole stay afloat? What is wrong with the boys on top when they continue to overfund this dying pos with far too many reps?

It's still making cash....learn to read a financial statement.

It's still making cash....learn to read a financial statement.

yeah still making cash. are you from the Wharton MBA program? It would make addtl PROFIT if it had fewer expenses associated, get it?
That's not even considering the fact that such a bloated sales force is actually causing irritation with the prescribers and thus reducing revenue potential. But you already figured all that out from Wharton marketing and sales training.

Just heard from a pharmacist that an oral might be available by the end of the year. 20% drop is just the tip of the iceberg, we could lose a lot more than 20% if true.