Selling Against Hand Innovations DVR Plate

<

LOL!!!! EVERYONE has a volar plate; you'll be selling against a lot more than the DVR plate. What company are you with? Unfortunately you may have to sell price and they are pretty cheap as it is. Check out Wright Medicals 'Micronail'; maybe not the future and will never have the huge volume but definately has the attention of hand surgeons.

the mico nail is dogshit Synthes has this wrapped up !!

HI has a great plate but no locking screws in the shaft and the new Synthes plate is better than all,.... you will see it soon but the ones out are great as it is !!

get out unless you work for Synthes

PA in Alabama responding...........Have used HI,accumed,Stryker,Depuy, Trimed

Acumed is the best Distal Radius plate by far. Synthes is Synthes - you don't need to grab all the fragments with their new plate to do the job...they don't give you the sub-chondular support you need with that plate. Acumed is the way to go for distal radius

If you were AO trained you wouldn't have posted the word sub-chondular.

What the hell are you going for subchondral? or sub condylar?

A little off the subject, but the HI prox humeral plate just failed and was revised with our nail w/spiral blade...good to see, since the rep just tried to convince all my surgeons that it works, now I have an x ray sequence that I can pull up whenever necessary. I'm really not too worried about HI's plates...

Does anyone have any tips?

Play to your strengths (Whatever plate you have). HI and Synthes have a higher price point which you can play to your advantage (given your plate is cheaper). The locking screws on the shaft is a mute point because like someone previously mentioned your goal in DRF's is to gain anatomical reduction/functional movement while supporting the subchondral bone. Locking or non-locking shaft screws doesn't matter, although its a nice option for your surgeon. But if you cant sell past the locking shaft screws you probably shouldn't be selling volar plates. Everyone claims their plate is "truly anatomic" so don't even go that route. If you leave the "fast guides" in on the HI plate, that can lead to tendon irritation. The HI plate is the industry leading plate and your best way to get around it is with price and the fact that they only have smooth pegs. You'll be surprised at the fact that docs feel more secure feeling threads engaging in bone, it helps them sleep better at night. I am not going to state which plate i think is the best but the: HI, NEW Synthes plate (direct copy of the orthofix plate), Accumed, Orthofix and Medartis plate are all great plates. Its up to you as a salesmen to do your research and sell against them.

Good Luck!

I had the "Hand Innovations" volar plate installed and it was a COMPLETE DISASTER!!! I had screws sticking out everywhere, loss of motion, partial rupture of several tendons, nerve damage etc. Not to mention that my surgeon never told me he would be SEVERING the brachioradialus tendon himself! I actually needed that tendon for my rough job... I had to have another surgery to remove the implants before they did further damage, necessitating yet another severing of the tendon. I have permanent loss of grip, numbness, atrophy etc. Yet more surgery ahead if I am not really careful with my new claw of a hand, because of the partially ruptured tendons, the extensor pollicis longitudus (sp?) in particular. I never expected to sacrifice my perfectly good hand for a marginally straighter wrist.

the mico nail is dogshit Synthes has this wrapped up !!

HI has a great plate but no locking screws in the shaft and the new Synthes plate is better than all,.... you will see it soon but the ones out are great as it is !!

get out unless you work for Synthes

PA in Alabama responding...........Have used HI,accumed,Stryker,Depuy, Trimed

Locking shaft screws are not needed; the human wrist does not undergo the stresses required to make them a needed option. They are on some plates as a selling advantage against those plates that lack them and as a "security blanket" for Docs that feel more comfortable knowing the plate become one fixed construct.