Salary for PCP/Specialty with many yrs exp

Anonymous

What do you think the max salary is for a split territory PCP + urology with a lot of years of experience? I was offered a position out West and was curious. Haven't been sent the paperwork yet...Thanks for your help.

<

Honestly I do know they have a cap here. I was interviewing and they kept stating how much money I was making and that they have a cap that they cannot go over. They said the most is 70-72K year with bonus. Not sure if they were using a line on me or not but I heard it more than once so I am assuming its legit. If you have years of experience, you may have to make a lateral move to Astellas in PCP. Also they have one of the best benefits packages in the industry. Cannot be that bad of a gig.
Good Luck!

I left here a while ago- was PCP- made 115K average with uncapped bonus. Can't imagine they have changed. I had 6 years when I started, there 4 years (so 10 now) and my highest year was 138K with base of 66K at last review. If they are telling you 72K max, you are either 1-2 years exp. (they start around 42K plus 24K bonus at plan... my max was senior rep II (highest of 5 levels..) so my max bonus was 28 K uncapped. I was always way above goal for all four years... can happen... no matter what they tell you. So, that is all I can say. I know reps that were new to pharma making about 65K when they were top performers with bonus, and I was making twice that,, yet I was in top 5 percent. It really varies, as they have 5 levels so it all goes by experience and what you have achieved. Benefits are one of the best so I would look into it. If you have lots of experience, you should make more than 60 K salary, 28K bonus uncapped, and 401 K match, plus I got a nie 8 K check for stock just after 3 years (based on performance) - that is after taxes

I was recently hired with a salary in the mid 80's and bonus of about $27k. I have about 14 years experience. Hope that helps. BTW, so far I love the company, don't listen to all the haters.

What about those reps who got rolled into from PSS? Are they in the same salary range? Was told will be rolled in as full time astellas employee? Any info would help. Thanks

Honestly I do know they have a cap here. I was interviewing and they kept stating how much money I was making and that they have a cap that they cannot go over. They said the most is 70-72K year with bonus. Not sure if they were using a line on me or not but I heard it more than once so I am assuming its legit. If you have years of experience, you may have to make a lateral move to Astellas in PCP. Also they have one of the best benefits packages in the industry. Cannot be that bad of a gig.
Good Luck!

over 10+ years of pharma and medical device expericene. This was for a PCP position and I have had many awards and top ratings for the years of service. Not sure how you can get 115K salary? I am not an 'entry level'.

over 10+ years of pharma and medical device expericene. This was for a PCP position and I have had many awards and top ratings for the years of service. Not sure how you can get 115K salary? I am not an 'entry level'.

Folks seriously? Gimme a break. There are so many unemployed reps out there in this dying industry be prepared to get low balled big time. Pharma has the expendability to do that now with all the reps that have been displaced. If you refuse a low ball offer, they will simply move to the next in line. It's not what it used to be. Trust me.

Folks seriously? Gimme a break. There are so many unemployed reps out there in this dying industry be prepared to get low balled big time. Pharma has the expendability to do that now with all the reps that have been displaced. If you refuse a low ball offer, they will simply move to the next in line. It's not what it used to be. Trust me.

You are wrong. The reality of the hiring process is that if you are the person that the employer wants to hire, they are not going to "low ball" your offer. What is the goal of that?!? You want to motivate employees, not bring them in and have them immediately looking somewhere else.

It is all relative to the candidate and where the potential employer ranks their ability.