• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Ricks Town Hall Call 11/7

<

The DBU has way too many reps.! Ozempic is taking a bite out of Trulicity!

I am in the DBU and I completely agree that there are way too many reps. 1/3 of my calls are faked or exaggerated. I also agree that Ozempic is doing a good job in the market. But is the answer to combat Ozempic a reduction in head count? I wouldn't think so..

I am in the DBU and I completely agree that there are way too many reps. 1/3 of my calls are faked or exaggerated. I also agree that Ozempic is doing a good job in the market. But is the answer to combat Ozempic a reduction in head count? I wouldn't think so..

Yes..... waaaay to many reps in the DBU. Everyone is climbing over one another. I’m not sure the answer isn’t to cut the dead weight. If you keep your best sales reps, they can sell and be effective. Share of voice is overrated and an antiquated mindset. It just irritates the customer. Ozempic isn’t beating us because of the share of voice. They are beating us because they beat us in head to head in a trial. Efficacy still matters to customers as long as the coverage is there too. I think we need to re-evaluate our goals moving forward. Trulicity is a Phenomenal product and will continue to do well....just probably not at the level prior to the Ozempic approval.

can person with info on upcoming layoffs share more....will there be incentives to leave, early retirement, are they keeping PCP with all the diverse millennials; and eliminating the older, white spec reps?

do tell

I have learned at Lilly, you never can predict what they are going to do when it comes to layoffs etc . It is ALWAYS different than expected. They do not even tell DMs until few days before reps find out. Watch your back. Be aware.