• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

research in Basel

anonymous

Does anybody know what is the level of research in Basel Center of Novartis?
Is it worth working there? What is the atmosphere? What management? What about salary?

Since I am considering taking a position in Novartis Basel research and I have to make decision quickly.

<

Does anybody know what is the level of research in Basel Center of Novartis?
Is it worth working there? What is the atmosphere? What management? What about salary?

Since I am considering taking a position in Novartis Basel research and I have to make decision quickly.

There is no level of research in Basel. It is not worth working there. Crappy company, crappy place. Switzerland is xenophobic. The atmosphere is either hell or cut throat. Sometimes also dog eats dog. There is no management, just yes men. Harassment is a big issue as the ship is sinking. Salary not worth the hassle. STAY AWAY. All the "most admired" and "best place to" awards are either fake, made up or bought.

There is no level of research in Basel. It is not worth working there. Crappy company, crappy place. Switzerland is xenophobic. The atmosphere is either hell or cut throat. Sometimes also dog eats dog. There is no management, just yes men. Harassment is a big issue as the ship is sinking. Salary not worth the hassle. STAY AWAY. All the "most admired" and "best place to" awards are either fake, made up or bought.

Where do morons,like you, come from? Does somebody pay you morons to monitor websites like this one and post retarded responses?

To be more specific - can anyone tell me about working in Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research (NIBR) in Basel?

Nobody is happy there. Lots of sad and stressed faces if you look closely. They have not produced anything sustainable. Just perception management. The place will be shut down pretty soon and the Chinese will take over. High turnover rate (HR will not answer if you ask them about it). The good people left and the losers that cannot jump ship stay and they make your life miserable. Open positions are difficult to fill because the word is spreading in the community. NIBR has the worst reputation within Novartis. You have been warned.

The place got ruined by the current middle and top management at NIBR Basel / Europe over the last 7 years

The place got ruined by the current middle and top management at NIBR Basel / Europe over the last 7 years

Basel Europe ....???? The architect of NIBR failure is none other than mark fishman himself, his mediocre understanding of the science ... His rapid rejection of market realities and his pathological need to be seen as the most intelligent man in any conversation

The organisation is in straits ..but there are pockets of competent scientists ... Switzerland is a great place to live and raise a family.