• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

Regional Sales Manager- Cardiopulmonary openings

Anonymous

Today, I saw several regional sales manager openings in Cardiopulmonary. Is this due to an expansion? I saw that your diabetes division is downsizing so it makes since that they use those dm's instead of looking externally. How is Bayer to work for? What drugs does this division promote? Are these openings due to a potential product launch? Pipeline? I would appreciate any feedback on this opportunity and the company.

<

This new division is going to need a boat load of help which is why they will need to hire experinced PAH peopleincluding managers.

Why do I feel this way? Talk to the VP/GM of the division (Eric) for 2 minutes and you'll quickly come to the realization that he knows nothing about the PAH market place. Furthermore take a look at Eric's track record via LinkedIn, it screams of failure!

As for working at Bayer it's much like any other big pharma company run by Germans, stodgy and stay the course right or wrong. If you can last with them they tend to take pretty good care of their employees however we have messed with folks in the past.

I put in for one of the sales rep positions in this division. I am wondering if the all the reps that were just laid off will be the first in line for these openings or if anyone outside Bayer has a shot?

Has Bayer seen who they hired as natl sales mgr over their PAH division.... John Marino... I thought a background check would have been done.... Take a look at the Actelion page the Bayer thread. JM is a joke..Arrested, fired...demoted at Actelion then pushed out.. good luck with him. I am glad you didnt hire someone who knew what they were doing. We will crush you....

Has Bayer seen who they hired as natl sales mgr over their PAH division.... John Marino... I thought a background check would have been done.... Take a look at the Actelion page the Bayer thread. JM is a joke..Arrested, fired...demoted at Actelion then pushed out.. good luck with him. I am glad you didnt hire someone who knew what they were doing. We will crush you....

John is a bright guy and knows the PAH space very well. Gilead tried to start out in the PAH space with inexperienced upper management and direction. They learned the hard way. John is a little quirky but is a smart guy that always has an idea about what is the right for the overall business when it comes to strategy. Actelion is nervous to say the least. So should Gilead. Bayer is a new player with John on board.

The above post about John being arrested? Give me a break loser. Sounds like one our lame DM's or BD's who troll on here. Go crunch some #'s and tell me how many calls i need to make. You couldn't sell in this competitive market and you know it.

John is a bright guy and knows the PAH space very well. Gilead tried to start out in the PAH space with inexperienced upper management and direction. They learned the hard way. John is a little quirky but is a smart guy that always has an idea about what is the right for the overall business when it comes to strategy. Actelion is nervous to say the least. So should Gilead. Bayer is a new player with John on board.

The above post about John being arrested? Give me a break loser. Sounds like one our lame DM's or BD's who troll on here. Go crunch some #'s and tell me how many calls i need to make. You couldn't sell in this competitive market and you know it.

Arrested..... John spoke at a POA at Actelion about being arrested and had a restraining order put on him for stalking..... He told the whole company so its true.This came from his own mouth.... You must not come from Actelion. I really don't you believe it or not.... I not leaving Actelion... Too many stock opt and our price is going up.
I am glad you hired John, he has no clue :). He was ran out of marketing... Sucked as VP of east coast sales..... Your correct, Gilead screwed up, however so have you :) not many KOLs like him, mind do not... Good luck!!!!

Arrested..... John spoke at a POA at Actelion about being arrested and had a restraining order put on him for stalking..... He told the whole company so its true.This came from his own mouth.... You must not come from Actelion. I really don't you believe it or not.... I not leaving Actelion... Too many stock opt and our price is going up.
I am glad you hired John, he has no clue :). He was ran out of marketing... Sucked as VP of east coast sales..... Your correct, Gilead screwed up, however so have you :) not many KOLs like him, mind do not... Good luck!!!!

Huh? What?

After reading your post and for your sake I hope you were drunk, it's a good thing for any competitor that you are staying put.

What a DOUCHE!

Tremendous grammar. You sound like you're an English Professor from 'The University of I'm-a-Complete-r*****'.

Wow! It is frightening that anyone who writes this poorly is professionally employed...by anyone...let alone the same company I work for.

On another note, regarding John Marino, I'll just say that I've known him for several years and no, he is not perfect. But, he is an honest guy who cares about people and compared to some of the other leaders at Actelion, you guys got a good one in my opinion.

Wow! It is frightening that anyone who writes this poorly is professionally employed...by anyone...let alone the same company I work for.

On another note, regarding John Marino, I'll just say that I've known him for several years and no, he is not perfect. But, he is an honest guy who cares about people and compared to some of the other leaders at Actelion, you guys got a good one in my opinion.

I am starting to wonder why there has been no announcement on the new head of sales.

I am starting to wonder why there has been no announcement on the new head of sales.

Starting to wonder why there has been no announcement on this new high profile position.