Recent Hires?

Anonymous

Any recent hires on this board? I'm 23, and I've only been at AZ for one year. Since I don't have any performance data from 2009 or 2010, and I'm one of four MCR reps in my large metro territory, I'm wondering how you think they will evaluate us newbies? From what I've read on these forums, the consensus seems to be that performance will play a very small role in the actual assignments. But, since they are making significant cuts, I'm wondering how they will approach all the new hires with only about a year in the field. From what my DSM told me, they will be looking mostly at manager recommendations. But DSMs are up for review too, and there must be people in my territory who've had many years of great reviews. While I think I've done a good job, I have no clue how I would stack up if they're actually doing a ranking of the whole district. Any other insight? I'm not sure what to think.

There are some very talented executive PSSs, former DSMs now working as reps, and MCROs in my district, and, honestly, I think they deserve to keep their jobs much more than I do! I've learned a lot from them, and my manager -- who is fantastic, which seems pretty rare according to many of these posts. I've read on several threads that people seem to think they will do away with reps who have been here for 8+ years. Does that mean new people will most likely stay on? I see how this makes sense from the crudest of financial standpoints, but for the record, I think it's really unfortunate. If they do end up keeping all of us recent hires and laying off older, more experienced reps with families and homes and whatnot, I'm sorry, and that's really shitty. I actually really like this job, but I know I will be totally fine either way; I will simply take this experience for what it is. At the very least, I met some great people. Good luck everyone, at AZ and beyond.

It's about one thing, one thing only, and it has always been only about one thing. The "it" is every single thing the company says does and does not say or do.

Money.

Any recent hires on this board? I'm 23, and I've only been at AZ for one year. Since I don't have any performance data from 2009 or 2010, and I'm one of four MCR reps in my large metro territory, I'm wondering how you think they will evaluate us newbies? From what I've read on these forums, the consensus seems to be that performance will play a very small role in the actual assignments. But, since they are making significant cuts, I'm wondering how they will approach all the new hires with only about a year in the field. From what my DSM told me, they will be looking mostly at manager recommendations. But DSMs are up for review too, and there must be people in my territory who've had many years of great reviews. While I think I've done a good job, I have no clue how I would stack up if they're actually doing a ranking of the whole district. Any other insight? I'm not sure what to think.

There are some very talented executive PSSs, former DSMs now working as reps, and MCROs in my district, and, honestly, I think they deserve to keep their jobs much more than I do! I've learned a lot from them, and my manager -- who is fantastic, which seems pretty rare according to many of these posts. I've read on several threads that people seem to think they will do away with reps who have been here for 8+ years. Does that mean new people will most likely stay on? I see how this makes sense from the crudest of financial standpoints, but for the record, I think it's really unfortunate. If they do end up keeping all of us recent hires and laying off older, more experienced reps with families and homes and whatnot, I'm sorry, and that's really shitty. I actually really like this job, but I know I will be totally fine either way; I will simply take this experience for what it is. At the very least, I met some great people. Good luck everyone, at AZ and beyond.

I'm 24 and this was my first job out of college. What avenues are you looking into as a Plan B?

Ditto poster #4, my situation almost exactly the same. Would love to go to PA school and could probably pull it off, but too much current responsibility with wife and children to make that reach and sacrifice. Even though at your young age you want to be in the work force and be done with school, sacrifice a few years now to get an advanced degree and you won't regret it. You will have a marketable asset that will keep you in demand and employed until retirement. Obamacare will change many things if left unchecked, but you won't ever have to worry about HAVING a job and a career.

You really should ask yourself the questions you've been giving fake answers to for your entire tenure at AZ. The question is, "What do you love doing, what are you passionate about?"

If you really, really want to do it you can find a way to follow your bliss in America. You can borrow enough money and go to PA school. But understand, you'll be doing a job that's kind of gross. Sick people come to the doctor. Lots of problems with asses, wounds, bodily fluids.

If what you love doing is making excellent money and having a cushy job, it's not going to be easy for a long time. Best place is AZ for that if you can hang on, or another corporate sales job if you can land one.

You really should ask yourself the questions you've been giving fake answers to for your entire tenure at AZ. The question is, "What do you love doing, what are you passionate about?"

If you really, really want to do it you can find a way to follow your bliss in America. You can borrow enough money and go to PA school. But understand, you'll be doing a job that's kind of gross. Sick people come to the doctor. Lots of problems with asses, wounds, bodily fluids.

If what you love doing is making excellent money and having a cushy job, it's not going to be easy for a long time. Best place is AZ for that if you can hang on, or another corporate sales job if you can land one.

What industries are hiring? Looks grim to me and I am not usually a pessimist...