Possible Realignment for Hospital Port 2

Anonymous

Has anyone heard anything about a possible change coming for this group? With the talk on here about April 15 and changes, it makes me think that there may be a grain of truth to this. I know of 2 regions that are having executive team meetings next week. I don't think we will know the whole answer until later that week or at the end of the month. Think about this.......OBR managers are now being trained on all products instead of just respiratory or lipids/diabetes. There are less than 20 hospital port 2 managers covering the entire US. If they move port 2 reps to OBR, there is a tremendous savings for the company with the displacement of the hospital port 2 managers. I know that this has been talked about for a long time and with the current managers in some areas for port 2, this would be such a blessing. Put all these port 2 managers on "special assignment" or give them an opportunity to take early retirement or let them go.

I am not from HQ and I am not a manager; I am just a rep with this company - for now at least.

<

Has anyone heard anything about a possible change coming for this group? With the talk on here about April 15 and changes, it makes me think that there may be a grain of truth to this. I know of 2 regions that are having executive team meetings next week. I don't think we will know the whole answer until later that week or at the end of the month. Think about this.......OBR managers are now being trained on all products instead of just respiratory or lipids/diabetes. There are less than 20 hospital port 2 managers covering the entire US. If they move port 2 reps to OBR, there is a tremendous savings for the company with the displacement of the hospital port 2 managers. I know that this has been talked about for a long time and with the current managers in some areas for port 2, this would be such a blessing. Put all these port 2 managers on "special assignment" or give them an opportunity to take early retirement or let them go.

I am not from HQ and I am not a manager; I am just a rep with this company - for now at least.

You are assuming that Portfolio 2 hospital reps will be granted an automatic seat at the Office Based table. A more likely scenario is that the Port 2 Hospital managers are training on all products because they are going to take the management load off of existing Office Based managers. So existing Office Based managers will only manage 5 or 6 Office Based reps instead of 10 or 12, and the Port 2 Hospital manager will pick up the other 5 or 6. That way the managers can have even more frequent field visits. That's how we roll in this organization, a safety net is always provided for managers. Doubt if any of the Portfolio 2 Hospital reps would be placed in this scenario unless there was a vacancy somewhere and we all know there aren't any openings for reps right now and no need for expansion with all of the launch delays.

You are assuming that Portfolio 2 hospital reps will be granted an automatic seat at the Office Based table. A more likely scenario is that the Port 2 Hospital managers are training on all products because they are going to take the management load off of existing Office Based managers. So existing Office Based managers will only manage 5 or 6 Office Based reps instead of 10 or 12, and the Port 2 Hospital manager will pick up the other 5 or 6. That way the managers can have even more frequent field visits. That's how we roll in this organization, a safety net is always provided for managers. Doubt if any of the Portfolio 2 Hospital reps would be placed in this scenario unless there was a vacancy somewhere and we all know there aren't any openings for reps right now and no need for expansion with all of the launch delays.

Sounds like this could be true...bring on the packages.