• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

Positive thread and better jobs

Anonymous

I know what you are thinking. I will stay at AZ and ride it out because there are no pharma jobs or there are but they dont pay. This is a big mistake. Dont sit around and hate life. Spend all your energy researching companues and looking for a different job.
I too worked at az for years and hated it because the DSM sucked and I know that is the norm. I looked for a year but found a great DSM with a good product and they matched my pay. I than left again and took a job I love with an even better DSM, got a raise and am happy.( I felt bad leaving and they tried to keep me. Can you even imagine that!)
I am not trying to brag but help. Better jobs are out there but you must work hard to find and get them. Once you find the right DSM and product you will see job satisfaction and respect still exists. I know most will poo poo this but if one of you takes my advice it will be good. DOn't wait any longer. Good luck!

I know what you are thinking. I will stay at AZ and ride it out because there are no pharma jobs or there are but they dont pay. This is a big mistake. Dont sit around and hate life. Spend all your energy researching companues and looking for a different job.
I too worked at az for years and hated it because the DSM sucked and I know that is the norm. I looked for a year but found a great DSM with a good product and they matched my pay. I than left again and took a job I love with an even better DSM, got a raise and am happy.( I felt bad leaving and they tried to keep me. Can you even imagine that!)
I am not trying to brag but help. Better jobs are out there but you must work hard to find and get them. Once you find the right DSM and product you will see job satisfaction and respect still exists. I know most will poo poo this but if one of you takes my advice it will be good. DOn't wait any longer. Good luck!

Pity you aren't a reliable hire.

I agree with the OP. The vast majority of the time job satisfaction depends on your relationship with the DM. I have always had success, but certainly more happiness when I had a good DM. I have had both good and bad over the years.

To find the right job you must be creative, hard working and really lucky. Friends, recruiters, websites and tons of research on who might be getting ready to grow a sales force.
I would stay away from big pharma as the culture is retarded at this point.
Your resume better be great and look awesome.

+1 to the above poster. Also, if you live in the midwest or east coast, do yourself a favor and move to the south. How long are you gonna struggle before you move to where local governments aren't taxing your blind and jobs are everywhere? This winter, I don't even have an ice scraper in the car.